Chapter 5- Paranormal Things

I awoke with fresh tears rolling down my cheeks, more old memories of my dad running through my mind. God, how I missed him. I just wish I could see him one last time. To tell him how much I missed him, tell him I loved him, and tell him thank you for everything he's done for me and Mom.

I hate that I have the ability to see the dead but not once have I ever seen my dad. Was I meant to be unhappy in life? Or did the fates just love to see me suffer? I sighed, deciding to push my negative thoughts and memories to the back of my mind; not wanting to think or remember anymore. I sat up, leaned against the wall, and stared down at my pale-looking hands that sat in my lap. Is it just me or has my skin gotten paler from the last time I noticed it? I flexed and moved my right arm around a bit, trying to get my blood to flow back in normally into my veins, since I had been sleeping on top of my arm on the hard wood floor for, I don't know how long.

When my arm felt better, I stood up and grabbed my now cold mug of coffee that was still sitting on the counter and put it into the sink. I decided to skip breakfast since it was already way past that time and was probably time for lunch by now. So I went upstairs to take a quick shower so I could get out of the house for a while to try and take my mind off of things for a bit. Maybe that will help me to get back on my feet again so I can get back on track in school and in life.

After about fifteen minutes or so of scrubbing, washing, and rinsing my body I stepped out of the shower; paranoid that a ghost or something would pop out at any moment and scare me to death. Thankfully, to my luck nothing or no one did as I walked back into my room and quickly changed.

I didn't really bother in taking my time to pick an outfit for the day. I didn't really care what I wore at the moment. All I knew is that I wanted to get the hell out of here and go some place else where I wasn't completely alone and surrounded by paranormal things. I mean, I was always surrounded by paranormal things but at least in public I wasn't all alone with them. Right?

After I was done changing into a pair of black jeans and a black t-shirt, I slipped on my shoes and pulled on my navy blue zip up hoodie. I grabbed my keys and cell phone, not bothering to dry my hair. I had already brushed it so I just quickly pulled it up into a messy pony tail.

Once I was sure I had everything I needed, I walked out of the house, closing and locking the door behind me. When I stepped out onto the front doorsteps, I felt relieved as I felt the cool breeze of Fall blow across my face gently, causing the loose strands of my hair to hit my face.

I took a deep breath and began to walk. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't really care that much either. I just wanted to be outside and away from my house. Even though I knew it wasn't my house that was haunted, it was me. Well, technically I wasn't haunted, I was just cursed with the ability to see and talk to the dead; which I hated. Some people might think its really cool but I don't see why. To me, it would be so much better if I was completely unaware of a ghosts or spirits presence. That way, I wouldn't be as scared and paranoid all the time. It'd also be a lot better because then I wouldn't have to see their horrifying faces.

Although not all of them look horrifying. Some of them look normal, like a normal human being, just a lot more paler than an average humans skin color; but I'm not so afraid of those. In fact, I was friends with one of them when I was a kid. Remember that guy in my dream, he was the one; but I have no idea what happened to him. I only remember very little about him, I know I stopped seeing him around the age of eight or nine. And I know my mom and dad knew about him to but they didn't know he was a ghost, they thought he was just an imaginary friend but I knew better.

Also some ghosts and spirits look as if they were from a horror film. Those are the ones I hate the most, even if they mean no harm. Sometimes they just look really scary because one; they got in a really bad accident when they died or two; they had a horrible tragic death. Those are the ones that scare me because they cry and beg me to help them sometimes. Sometimes, they don't know they're dead.