Chapter 4- Technical Difficulties

After that night when I saw the tall dark figure that had red glowing eyes; I woke up in the hospital. The doctors made me sleep at the hospital for three days so they could run some tests on me to see what was wrong with me, but they found nothing. Which I thought was odd because I felt like everything was wrong with me.

But my mom, of course, had to tell them about my nightmares and they thought that might be the cause of why I fainted. They had said that my night terrors wouldn't let me sleep properly, so my lack of sleep caused me to get weak and have hallucinations. So they gave me some medication that I have to take every night now before bed but I'm not planning on taking them anytime soon. I'll just flush one down the toilet every night before I go to sleep so they'll think I'm actually taking them.

I know for a fact that what I've seen aren't hallucinations. I've got the scars to prove it. What kind of hallucinations give you scars?

Anyway, now I'm here in my bedroom, lying down and staring up at the blank white ceiling. I have nothing better to do than to rest. That's what I'm supposed to be doing anyway. My mom let me stay home from school and it's been an hour since she left for work. So now I was pretty much alone. Which scared me because I didn't like being alone because I never felt like I was.

I ran my fingers through my tangled and messy hair as I sat and stood up from my bed. I shivered a bit as my bare feet touched the cold polished wood floor. I slipped on some socks before going downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I usually never eat breakfast but seeing as I have nothing better to do this morning, I guess I'll eat today.

It seemed too quiet as I served myself a bowl of cereal, so I decided to turn on the radio and listen to some music. I began to make myself some coffee as I sang along to a song called, When It Rains by Paramore.

"And oh, oh how could you do it? Oh I, I never saw it comin'," I sang along and it wasn't until half way through the song when I realized I had been dancing a little and smiling as I sang. It was kind of strange. Well at least for me it was. I wasn't used to smiling, especially dancing! I was a horrible dancer which is why I never went to any school dances. Well that was one of the reasons anyway. And it's also been awhile since I've really smiled and just actually enjoyed myself. I guess I really liked singing. I also haven't done that in awhile. I used to sing all the time as a little girl with my dad. I loved to sing but when my dad passed away it kind of felt weird because I was so used to singing along with him. And without his voice it just didn't feel the same. So it's been awhile since I've last sang out loud and smiled, like actually smiled.

I jumped up a little at the sound of the radio's loud static, causing me to spill some of my coffee on my shirt which stung and burned my stomach really bad. I cursed under my breath as I tried to clean the brown stain from my white t-shirt but then I froze and stopped what I was doing. I stared at the radio as it began to go all crazy. All I could hear was the loud noise of static.

At first I began to relax because I thought it was normal since our radio was pretty old and messed up and thought that I was just being paranoid. So I ignored it for the moment as I grabbed another napkin and continued to clean my shirt, well attempted to clean my shirt. But I stopped cleaning my shirt and my eyes widened as the sound of the static got louder and louder. I tried not to panic and slowly walked to the radio and pushed the power button off but it didn't turn off. I pressed it again. It still didn't turn off. I pressed it again, still didn't turn off. I began to press it several times but the radio only got louder and louder to the point where it rang out through all the house and hurt my ears. I yanked the power chord and unplugged it but it still didn't turn off! What the hell!?

That's when I began to panic. I shut my eyes closed and covered my ears with my shaky hands. But the sound of the static was still loud. It sounded like it was right next to my ears and it still got louder and louder. My breathing became heavy and my head began to pound. I clenched my jaw and fell to my knees on the floor. It felt like the room was spinning around me and I was beginning to feel dizzy. Then suddenly I heard a loud voice yell, "SHUT UP!" Then the house became silent. The static had stopped and the music was no longer playing. I hadn't realized that the words had left my mouth. I didn't know I could become so angry. Usually I wasn't a violent person. It was weird for me to yell.