Chapter 1- Dead!

It was cold, dark, and lonely outside as I walked down the abandoned streets of New Jersey. I only saw a few people walk by every once in awhile, which was bad because these streets were dangerous to be out around at this time, which explains why they were empty. But that's not the reason why I was afraid and terrified right now, some of the people that I saw walk by every few minutes, weren't alive. No, they weren't zombies or anything like that, they were ghosts. Yes, I can see ghosts and if you think it's cool trust me, it's not. I've been able to see ghosts, entities, demons and paranormal things ever since I was a baby, now I'm 16, so pretty much my entire life. I don't know why I can see them but I hope there's some kind of solution to get rid of this curse.

I listened to the sound my converse made every time it made contact with the wet floor. It had just rained outside so I was soaking wet and freezing. I'm probably going to get sick tomorrow. When I thought I heard another pair of footsteps behind me, I glanced over my shoulder but there was no one there. I sped up my pace, afraid that there was a stalker or some creep following me, planning on kidnapping me or doing God knows what to me.

When my house came into view, I stopped in my tracks and looked at it. My moms probably going to freak out. I sighed and looked down at my soaked converse and continued to walk. Once I got to the door, I opened it as slowly and quietly as I could and did the same as I stepped inside and closed it. I smiled and thought that I was free but just as I was about to head upstairs, the lights flicked on and my mother came into view with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Jessica, where were you!? Do you know what time it is? I've been worried sick about you!" She yelled at me, placing her hands on her hips. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I knew this would happen. "Don't you dare roll your eyes at me missy!" She yelled once again, pointing a finger warningly at me. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I was at Kyle's house and I lost track of time. It won't happen again," I assured her.

"It better not!" She scolded, then she looked at me up and down, confused. "Why are you all wet?" She asks, really? Did she not see it raining outside? Oh my God, mothers. I sighed and took off my wet sweater. "Mom, it was raining outside." I tell her and then turn around to head upstairs. "This isn't over!" She yells after me. "We're going to talk about this in the morning!"

"Fine!" I groan in annoyance as I reach the top of the stairs. I walk into my room and close the door behind me before my mom can start nagging on about anything else. I look through my closet and take out some clean, dry, comfortable clothes to sleep in and peal off my wet clothes from my body. Once I'm done changing I pull my black hair up into a messy ponytail, a few loose strands still falling over my face.

I get into bed, not bothering to turn off the lights. I never turn off the lights when I go to bed, I'm too scared to sleep in the dark. As a kid I always used to see scary shadows, so ever since then I've either never slept alone in the dark or always just kept the lights on. My mom used to think that it was just a kid thing and that I'd eventually grow out of it but seeing as I still do it up 'till this very day, she thinks it's strange but she never really says anything about it because she thinks it must be a phobia or something.

I sigh and close my eyes and cuddle up against my soft pillow. Fifteen minutes later, just as I'm about to fall asleep, I hear a floorboard creak. My eyes shoot open and my breathing suddenly becomes heavy and fast. I try to calm myself down but when the lights go out I'm almost having a heart attack by then.

I quickly pull the covers over my head and close my eyes, squeezing them shut. I pull my crucifix out from under my pillow and hold it close to my chest. I'm not really that religious but for some reason it just makes me feel a bit safer. I almost begin to scream when I feel a cool breeze blow behind me but I bite my tongue and hold it back. If I scream or yell it'll only make things worse.

You think that I'd be used to ghosts or other related paranormal things by now, since I've seen them pretty much my entire life but I'm not. Some of them hurt me and some of them don't, so I never know what to expect when a ghost is present. And the unexpected is scary because you're never prepared for what's coming.

"Jessie," I hear someone whisper but I don't answer it. "Jessie," It whispers again, it sounds like a males voice but I'm not sure. I jump up in my bed a little when I feel, what I assume is a hand, touch my leg. I close my eyes shut again and grip the crucifix tighter in my hand as I try to stay as still as I can. I bite my lip and pray for whatever it is, touching me, to go away.

After for what seems like hours to me but is really only like a minute, the hand finally lets go of my leg. When the temperature goes back to normal I assume the ghost has left. So when I finally gather up the courage to take a look, I hesitantly peek over the covers. The rooms empty and dark and I want so badly to go and turn on the lights but I'm still too afraid to get up or move.

So I get back under the covers and look down at the cross that is now covered in blood from my hand squeezing it too tight. I wince at the pain as I release the crucifix from my bloody palm and set it on the nightstand next to my bed. I think for about a minute on whether I should get up and quickly turn on the lights and wash my hand while I'm at it but then decide to just do it in the morning, deciding that it's too risky that the ghost might only come back. After that, I only get in a couple of hours of sleep, which is just great, considering I have school tomorrow.

***So I just rewrote/edited this chapter for the new readers but for the ones who had already read the old chapter, what do you think of this one? Do you think it's better or does it suck? Tell me in the comments please? I'd love to know your opinions. Anyway, thats it for now, I'll be rewriting/editing the next chapter soon, so stay tuned. Thank you guys again for your support, it means so much to me. Love you all!☺✌❤💋***

~🌹💀BlackRosesAndSkullz💀🌹~