0.2

(A/N) Happy early Thanksgiving, American friends! Hope you enjoy the break and spend time with your friends and families. If not, I'm now your adoptive mom. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Standing in front of the Agreste mansion was far more intimidating than they both anticipated. Gabriel had become a hermit, never moving out of the luxury home even when his son moved out and he gained far more lavish hotels courtesy of his son and company.

Adrien held Marinette's hand, squeezing abut too tightly for comfort as they walked up the steps. She wore her nicest dress and and even nicer jacket. Did her hair all nice, too.

Hopefully she would come off better than the first time they met when she was in high school. She also did not want to be known as the girl that made one of the most influential people in the world break up the wedding to a well-known other influencer.

Even her name made her shiver.

"Lila." Adrien gritted his teeth.

"That's so weird, I was just thinking about her—"

Lila was standing in front of them. Clipboard tucked into her arm as she sneered her ruby-red lips at them. Her outfit was even more expensive, making Marinette feel even more inferior. She was just that much better than her.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in prison?" Adrien did not approach her.

"I was released on good behavior." she came up directly in front of him and batted her long, pretty lashes. "Also, those jumpsuits were not complimentary to my skin tone."

"Nothing is." Marinette bit back.

"What was that, la pute?" Lila growled at her, narrowing her eyes darkly. "You were the reason for my suffering."

"You brought that upon yourself." Adrien bristled, blocking Marinette invade Lila struck. "What are you doing here honestly?"

"Gabriel will tell you." she blew a deadly kiss. "Our businesses are collaborating."

"You mean my business?" Adrien clenched his jaw.

"Adrien, glad to see you finally decided to stop by." his father was waiting in the doorway.

"What's this about a business agreement between you and Lila?" he pulled Marinette along who didn't know what to do in this kind of situation.

"We'll talk more inside. I can make some coffee." he snapped his fingers, assistant rushing to go make the brew.

"We didn't come for long." Adrien pulled out a seat for Marinette at the dining room table.

"Is this Marinette?" he looked at her before something went off in his head. "Right, she's the one who designed that feather hat years ago."

"I haven't been pursuing fashion in years, but I'm honored you remember." she gave a kind smile.

"Unfortunately that picture is hanging on my wall in the living room. Should really take it down since it doesn't match anything." he took a cup of steaming coffee from his assistant.

Adrien cleared his throat. "Marinette is my fiancée. Our wedding is next month and we would appreciate it if you would attend."

He rose a brow. "Is it in Paris?"

"Yes."

"I could try to find time in my schedule." he considered. "With the new business merger, I might be rather busy."

"About that, why are you working with Lila?" Adrien did most of the talking for the evening. "She was convicted of several crimes and would have brought my company down to bankruptcy."

Gabriel took a sip. "People change."

You know that better than anyone.

"We didn't come to discuss business." Marinette intervened. "We just wanted to invite you in person, seeing as it is more formal."

"I am all about the formalities." Gabriel sipped. "Very well. Hopefully no one will stop the wedding this time, yes?"

She bit her tongue. "That is ideal."

"If you are indeed the one, perhaps you would be lenient on getting married in a gown from my collection."

Gabriel was a very persuasive man. He started up another business in a matter of months after handing over one to his son. Turns out his management style includes anything where a steady income of cash would flow in.

His fashion brand, Agreste, was a part-time deal years ago, more a hobby above anything else, but only became big when he became head. Marinette was in awe of the gown he brought out.

"Shameless promotion is so tacky, but the company needs more recognition nonetheless."

She thought it over. Winning over Gabriel and getting him on her good side would be probably the best thing.

"I would love to." she looked over to Adrien who closed his eyes not to look at the dress.

They left in a rush, never quite getting to the dinner part. Her parents suggested that they all go out to celebrate the engagement. Decorated with Christmas wreathes and dark trees curling up with golden twinkle lights.

Out on the bitter cold street, hands tucked into her sides, Lila saw them toast through the glowing window. She gritted her teeth, Luka stopping beside her to see what was wrong.

He hardly approved of anything she did but he needed the money for his ailing grandmother while his sister was in the middle of adopting a child with her wife.

"Shall I call the driver?" he asked just loud enough to bring her out of her stupor.

"We can walk." she stomped off in her designer boots through the snow, barely waiting for Luka to catch up.

If he was being honest, back in high school he had quite the crush on Marinette. She was kind, loving, beautiful and much more. He was happy she found her happiness.

"Watch out for that—" he winced as she stepped into a puddle of ice and half melted snow, slipping and falling onto her back.

He stood above her, holding out a hand to help her to stand up. She angrily stood up, slipping until she fell into his chest.

Lila stood back as far as possible from him afterwards, muttering something to herself underneath her breath.

"Maybe I should have warned her sooner."