0.2

Marinette was deep in the middle of her shift by the gigantic whirling waterslide known as the The Ripper at the Hotel.

She had begun taking up random, extra shifts just to get a bit more money. Even if she hated constantly turning her head to make sure no kid landed atop of another poor one. Or got splashed as they slammed down onto the slide before zipping down and away.

But believe it or not, it's more expensive than you think to live in a touristy-beautiful country.

Twisting off the cap of her water bottle, Marinette vaguely gestures for the next kid to go. Only it wasn't a kid.

"Marinette?" Alya stepped out of the line and let her boyfriend go in front of her.

He protested as she shoved him down, his wails and complaints following him down The Ripper.

"What are you doing up here?" Marinette coughed on her drink.

"What am I doing? What are you doing? I thought you were going to go talk to Adrien today." Alya grabbed one of the towels lazily strewn beside Marinette Incase of emergencies.

Thankfully none yet today.

"I need the money. And besides, Adrien looks rather busy over there." she pointed to the hotel's beach property where decorations blew through the warm wind and people rushed here and there.

Adrien and his fiancée were signing for things on clipboards and talking to numerous people so quickly it seemed like they were merely speaking for three seconds at a time.

"He wasn't busy last night." Alya scoffed, running the towel through her hair.

"What?"

"Last night, and I don't mean to gossip but I saw Lila getting rather intimate with the pool boy."

Marinette's brows furrowed in confusion. The pool boy?

"I think you were just hazy from all the drinks you consumed yesterday in the span of like, six hours. No one I know has ever drank that much in such a short amount of time."

Alya crossed her arms. "Maybe. But, it's still a possibility of something going on. And never estimate a woman and her alcohol, learned that the hard way when I picked up bartending part-time."

"And how'd that go?" Marinette tilted her head and gave the all clear to a rather nervous kid.

"I don't want to talk about work."

Marinette had just begun to settle back into the chair that made her back ache and let Alya rant for a little while more until it happened.

"Holy shit." Marinette threw off her pullover to just be in her bright red one piece. The hotel supplied them so she could look somewhat professional.

She quickly dove into the water from the emergency side bank, adrenaline coursing through her veins.

The chlorine stung her eyes as the child below her was sinking fast. He was a skinny, young boy who had already lost consciousness. Marinette had to be quick.

Grabbing his body and hoisting him up, she placed him onto the concrete lining the pool as fast as she could. She wiped her eyes with a stroke of her arm and began pressing down on his chest.

She was actually given training by some of the other pool staff, thankfully. This was the first time she ever had to use it though.

Continuing giving mouth-to-mouth until the child coughed and turned his head to heave up water. The child's mother rushed to his side and thanked her over and over as she held him to her chest.