Thieves Guild - Chapter 4

Note from the author:

This is an ongoing series currently being updated. Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this part, as both of these would be very much appreciated (and also lets me know that people are liking my work :)). You can follow me to see more of this story, and for regular updates. Hope you all have a great day! 

The sun had climbed higher in the sky and at least an hour had passed since Vitas appearance. She had taken Danil, Eloise and Brill to one side and was addressing them gravely;

'I'm relying on you three.' She began. 'We can't afford to let the enemy get any information out of Elspeth. She's a tough nut to crack, but she's far from invincible, and she has the information vital to the northerners if they're going to try and invade. Me, Ryker, and Lux are going to find her. We'll set out as soon as we're ready. When we've gone, wait until dusk and then leave aswell. Two groups leaving the same location together, especially a bakers, is bound to draw some attention.'

The small group nodded their understanding. 

'What do we do once we're out?' Danil asked. 

Vita looked at him 

'You're going to find the Brawlers guild.' she said. 'The Thieves alone are going to be no match against any possible invading force from the north, plus whoever else they've managed to rally against us by now. Even at our best, we couldn't hope to outmatch them. With the Brawlers behind us, however unreliable they are, we stand a much better chance.'

The trainees saw the sense in this and nodded once more.

Brill cut in with a deep and powerful grunt

'Any ideas where to start looking?'

Vita considered. 

'Your best bet is to get into a tavern and get into a fight' she said with a grin. 'The Brawlers guild doesn't listen to anyone who can't prove their worth in the ring. They have a presence in every tavern in the city. They'll find you.'

'Brilliant' said Danil quietly. The subtle approach had apparently gone out of the window. 

'It shouldn't be too hard after you've done that to contact one of their senior members. Then it's just a matter of convincing them to help us. I'm sorry I can't give you three more help. Ryker and Lux are going into uncharted territory, and they need all the help they can get.

She said this as she turned from them, and went over to convene with Ryker and Lux.

Eloise piped up now and turned to Danil. Being the most experienced, he'd become the automatic leader of the group without anything being said.

'I don't like this.' she said.

'Neither do I.' agreed Danil. 'But it's necessary if we're going to stop Misteria from being overrun. Those Brawlers are nothing but trouble. They don't like Thieves coming into their territory either.'

They settled down to wait as the other group made their final preparations. When Ryker opened the door to downstairs, he and Lux turned;

'Good luck' Ryker said with a grin. 'Try not to do anything stupid.'

'Aside from getting in to an illegal underground fight?' Danil replied jokingly

'Yeah' he said. 'Aside from that.' Lux wished them good luck aswell, and Vita gave a final 'Be careful' as she shut the door.

With that, the only sounds they heard were the creaks and groans of the rickety bakery. 

--------