Chapter 1-A Perfect Match

Erga Kenesis di Raskreia smiled as she held open the door to the study

    Erga Kenesis di Raskreia smiled as she held open the door to the study. "It was nice speaking to you again, Cadis. I'll see you soon." She bid adieu to the handsome man, then departed. Once the door shut, another equally handsome man entered—Nelo Maiestas di Raizel.

    Raizel faced away from the window and turned his gaze to his older brother. After a bit of silence, Nelo finally spoke.

    "Cadis, she has been coming to visit you much more frequently these past 100 years."

    ". . ."

    "No matter how stoic you seem, brother, you could never hide your emotions from me. The Lord and I are aware of your affections for her, and I believe he accepts them. Even though I'm not very fond of her views on the duties of a Noble, I am willing to put my judgement aside for you to be happy."

    Raizel stayed silent, dreading what his brother was about to say next.

    "Why don't you propo-"

    "No." Raizel cut him off and sharply faced the window, his cheeks flushed, and confessed. "No, it would be far too embarrassing. What if she rejects the idea?"

    Nelo chuckled. "Don't worry, little brother, I'm sure that she would accept you." He stepped forward and patted his brother's shoulder. "Just give it a try."
— — —
    One month later, Raizel found himself at the doorstep of the Lord's mansion. Ever since he received an invitation to have tea with them a week earlier, he had been waiting anxiously to get Erga alone so he could ask a life changing question.

    Once he entered and all took their seats, the Lord immediately excused himself. The remaining two stayed in awkward silence, until Erga decided to break it.

    "So, I haven't seen your older brother in awhile."

    ". . ."

    "Cadis, how is he?" She inquired.

    "He's fine."

    On the outside Raizel seemed calm, but on the inside he was filled with emotion. His eyes traced her figure, from her midnight black hair which flowed down her back, to her lovely petite, soft lips. She had an elegant yet strong demeanor, which always amused him because she was the exact opposite of her father.

    "Erga, your beauty is endless; you're truly unlike any other." Raizel complemented with a sweet smile, so rare that it can make any woman faint.

    She looked up, shocked, with a heavy blush on her face. She turned her head away in embarrassment. "Well, thank you, that was very kind."

    She tried to mask her flushed face by drinking more tea. Raizel rose from his seat and stepped forward.

    Erga looked up from her tea cup in confusion as Raizel grabbed her hand and gently pulled her up.
She set the tea down and stood, her brow knit in puzzlement. Raizel sank to one knee, removed a folded silk cloth from his coat pocket, unfolded it, and presented it to her with hopeful eyes.

    "Love, before I met you, I was an empty tunnel without light, and once I saw you, you made that dark abyss brighten. I've decided that I want to live my life beside you for all of eternity. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

    Erga's eyes lit up with surprise, and she clapped her hand to her mouth, stepping backward a bit. She began to tremble, her heart overflowing.

    "Yes, darling! Of course!" She cried, and suddenly tackled him to the floor in a crushing hug, shedding tears of joy. Raizel laughed—a magical sound—and embraced her passionately.

    Suddenly the Lord and Muzaka burst in.

    "I was told that a certain lucky man was finally gonna propose!" Muzaka yelled with his arms in the air. Erga released Raizel and scrambled to her feet, blushing madly. Raizel stood and brushed himself off and Muzaka squeezed him around the shoulders, laughing joyfully. Then realization set in.

    ". . . Oh wait, I missed it, didn't I?"  He said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

    The Lord looked amusedly at the awkward three and burst into laughter, clapping Raizel roughly on the back.

    "Welcome to the family, Raizel!"
— — —
    Two figures stood in a dark room. The woman was wearing the regular gold trimmed uniform and the man was cloaked in deep blackness.

    "Have you brought it?"

    "Yes. Here it is," she answered, and handed him the crimson object.

    The cloaked man held it in his hand, observing the beauty and power it held within, turning it from side to side.

    "Thank you, Edian. This is all for Cadis' freedom. I'm sure he will be happy someday." He looked at her with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

    "If it's for his freedom, of course I must do this," Edian responded passionately.

Written by Simplylunarr, edited by me.