2

The moment I saw Kate and Sunny waiting outside the noodle place we'd arranged to meet at, I forgot about the unusual circumstances that had occurred in the tunnel.

"Millie!" Kate exclaimed, giving me a tight hug.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, hugging Sunny as well. "How are you both?"

"Good, thanks!" Sunny said. "And you?"

"Good good." I said. "Are we waiting for anyone else?"

Sunny waved a hand. "Nah, they couldn't make it. Just us."

"Fair enough." I said, and we walked in.

We were greeted by a waitress, who took us over to a table at the back and left us to think about our orders. This was the place we'd come after we'd all met for the first time, and as well as being very tasty, it was cheap. When the waitress came back over, I ordered sweet and sour chicken with noodles, and a glass of orange juice.

"So, what did you guys get up to during the summer?" I asked, looking between Kate and Sunny sitting opposite me.

"Not a lot, to be honest." Sunny said.

"Yeah, neither." I chuckled.

"Speak for yourselves." Kate chimed in. "I don't think I stopped working."

The waitress came over with our drinks, and I gulped half mind down immediately- I didn't realise I was so thirsty.

"What about you, Mills?" Sunny asked. "Have you been okay? You know, since...?"

Neither Sunny or Kate knew about Haydn, or about Argent Eyes, however they obviously knew about everything else. About the stabbing, and the beating in Greenwich Park- they thought it was a mugging, and that I'd just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Yeah, I've been good." I said honestly, although I did realise that I'd just seen Haydn in the tunnel for the first time since that event. I hadn't really thought much about him over the summer, or dwelled on the events, so I wasn't really sure as to why he was sneaking back into my thoughts all of a sudden. I mean, he was gone. I saw him turn to dust right before my eyes. "Still in one piece." I chuckled.

Sunny and Kate smiled. "That's good." Kate said.

Then, the food came out, and my belly started rumbling.

"Yum." I said, tucking in.

Kate and Sunny continued their conversations about their summers, and I sat listening and eating, until I saw him again. I'd taken one quick glance out the window, and there he was, walking past and looking directly through the glass at me as he did so. He had that wicked smirk plastered on his face, and I wanted nothing more than to slap it right off...

"Millie?" Sunny said, snapping me out of my trance. I looked back at her, and then at Kate, who were both looking at me expectantly.

"Huh?" I said.

Sunny frowned. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I looked back at the window, seeing no sign of Haydn but just people walking and talking and getting on with their business.

"Yeah, sorry." I said, trying to laugh it off. "I thought I saw someone. What were you saying?"

"I said, did you do any of your tattoo designs over the summer?" She asked. "One of my friends might be interested."

"Oh." I said, and smiled, trying to brush off the weight that was bearing on my chest right now. "Yeah, I did a few. What kind of thing is your friend looking for?"