10

"what would you like?"

mark asked donghyuck as they stood in line just waiting to order something. mark stared at in the younger in pure admiration. the way his eyes twinkled as he looked at all the food on the menu was so cute. hyuck unknowingly shuffled his doc marten adorned feet while trying to make a decision. he looked to his left to see if his date had any suggestions for snacks but it seemed as if all eyes were already on him. hyuck just blinked sheepishly and told the other the first thing that came to mind.

"popcorn and m&m's. peanut ones to be exact."

"anything for you bub."

hyuck blushed as mark kissed his cheek before it was their turn to order. they got whatever he wanted and headed to their movie. donghyuck didn't really know what movie they were watching and if mark told the truth neither did he. when he asked his crush out on a date he wasn't really thinking much as it was in the heat of the moment. now here they were watching some scary movie called incredulous or something?

"hyuckie, what's the name of this movie?"

"insidious: the red door."

actually hyuck did know the name of the movie and it was a scary movie. let's just say mark wasn't a fan of scary movies, donghyuck on the other hand loved them. he couldn't be more grateful for being invited on this date because he'd been eyeing this movie for weeks.

"mark."

the younger frowned at his empty bucket of popcorn while the character on the screen got closer and closer to the danger.

"mark."

the red haired male slowly sunk in his seat at the horrifying scene on the screen. he started to rethink all his choices at this very moment. the least he could've done was research the movie before they came. he couldn't even hear the boy next to him whispering his name. it felt as if the walls were closing in and the screams from the characters filled his ears to the brim.

"love."

donghyuck gently pulled the strings of marks hoodie which finally grasped his attention. a sigh of relief escaped from the boy next to him. he couldn't be more thankful for someone interrupting his worst nightmare. he'd never have another happy dream again after this.

"you were zoning out like the monster guy started crawling towards you or something. are you okay? we can leave if-"

mark closed the gap between them without a second thought. he didn't want to be a jerk, complain, and ruin their date. hyuck let the older take control over the kiss they shared. the sound of people screaming for help didn't feel as loud once mark lost himself in the affection of his crush.