Chapter 4: The Test

Glimmer wasn't sure where she was being taken, and truth be told she wasn't eager to find out.

"Who are you?"

"I am Sentry 6-32, Squadron 78."

"Yeah, I got that," Glimmer shook her head. "I mean who are you really?"

The guard stared at her, but Glimmer couldn't tell what he was thinking behind the mask.

"I don't understand what you are asking," The guard finally said. He shifted the weapon slung over his shoulder as the elevator reached its stop. The two stepped out into an empty hallway, filled with closed doors.

"I want to know why you're helping us," Glimmer said, following him down the hallway.

"I am not helping you," The guard said. "I'm escorting you."

"But you told us-"

"I don't know what you're talking about." The guard stopped at a door. Five down from the right. "I didn't tell you or your friend anything. But if you think I did-" the door slid open, "-you should probably keep it to yourself."

Glimmer peaked into the doorway to see more Horde soldiers. Two of them were heavily armed, standing directly in front of her. The third wasn't armed, nor was he masked. Instead he wore a lab coat and safety goggles. For a split second, Glimmer thought she was looking at Hordak until she noted the hair was different and seemed he taller, stronger.

She turned around but 6-32 only nudged her forward into the room, before leaving her alone. The other two armed clones took their place behind her, blocking the exit. Looking back to the third, she could only imagine what he wanted with her.

"An amazing specimen, isn't she?" The scientist asked, walking slowly to Glimmer. His eyes watched her carefully, taking in every movement and every breath.

Glimmer looked behind him, seeing a metal table with straps and numerous surgical tools. Trying not to sound as nervous as she was, she asked, "What are you going to do to me?"

"So advanced," The scientist ignored her question. He prowled around her in a circle, Glimmer turning her head to keep him within sight. "How does such a lower life form hold so much magic?"

"At least I wasn't made in a bottle. Now tell me what you want with me."

The scientist didn't answer, instead walking to his work station. He picked up a small device and spoke into it. "Subject is...unruly. We will have to fix that." He spun around, addressing the guards once more. "Secure her please."

Glimmer attempted to push past them, but the door slammed in her face and she felt both her arms get pulled backwards. "Get your hands off of me!"

The guards slammed her into the table. When her head hit metal, her vision blurred and she was disoriented long enough for her arms and legs to be strapped down. "I'm not your science experiment!" She tugged on the leather straps holding her down but to no avail.

The scientist didn't seem concerned with his flailing patient. Instead, he brought the tools to the table, methodically cleaning each and every one. By the time he was done, Glimmer had settled down, out of exhaustion more than compliance.

"If you're done, I'd like to begin now." The scientist loomed over her.

"I won't tell you anything," Glimmer said. Her chest rose and fell erratically. Despite the brave face, she couldn't quell her panic.

"I am not worried about what you will or won't tell me," The scientist said. He picked up a helmet outfitted with various wires and bulbs, fitting it onto her head before looking directly at her. "I always find out everything I need."