XV

zak

I woke up cuddling next to Darryl on the couch.

I didn't mind it. My head was pressed up into his chest, my arms wrapped around his upper thighs and my legs were curled up in between his. His left hand was interlaced with my hair, his right had rested on my back soothingly. The guardian's wings enveloped us both, serving as a soft fluffy blanket to keep us warm in the night.

After a few minutes of waking up, I decided that I had to leave Darryl's arms eventually. So, I slipped out of his grasp, pushing through his wings and stood up in the living room. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, adding a little stretch to the mix before my stomach rumbled.

I realized that it had been quite a while since I last ate. Friday night... maybe? Now that it was Sunday morning, it had been over 24 hours since food has touched my lips. I sighed, making my way to the kitchen and opening a cupboard. I retrieved a bowl, a spoon, a box of cereal, and a gallon of milk from throughout my kitchen, setting it all on the counter.

Once I had everything I needed, I poured cereal into the bowl, then milk. Curse those who pour milk before cereal, I thought to myself. I started to munch on my Cheerios, feeling the emotions from the previous days overwhelm me.

I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw that Darryl had entered the kitchen, with a small sad smile portrayed on his lips. I frowned at the bags under his eyes, so I wondered how much sleep he got last night. I didn't want to ask though, since I knew he'd just tell me he was fine anyways.

We stood in the kitchen in silence, lost in our own thoughts. My mind was filled with the events that have been occurring over the past three weeks, and how quickly I've fallen for an immortal being. It hurt me, the fact that Darryl could never be with me. I'd die without him. It was sad.

Death. My thoughts led to Vincent. I couldn't help but have a horrible feeling that our good friend was dead. But Darryl's words from the previous day filled my head. Vincent probably wasn't dead because the demons want fear.

"It's Finn," I suddenly said, breaking the silence. "Finn's the demon. I know it for sure this time."

Darryl nodded. "Yes, we've come to that conclusion too," He told me.

I shook my head. "How did he do it? How did he get away with... with making us believe it was everyone else all along?" I asked the guardian that stood in front of me. "It's crazy! Everyone had evidence pointed towards them being the demon except him. It's like the biggest coincidence of all time."

The angel shook his head. "But it's not." I looked over at him with confusion. Darryl was stared at the countertop, lost in thought. "You remember how Vincent asked why the demon chose this school?"

I nodded, curious as to where this was going.

"Well, the demon probably chose this school because it has the most guilty-looking kids. I mean, come on... what's the percentage of kids sneaking out past curfew?"

I thought to myself for a moment. "Probably like... 15% of them do," I replied honestly, rubbing the back of my head.

Darryl nodded. "So, 15% of the kids at this school can already be accused of being a demon. Nevermind the fact that there are two guardian angels, which means that at least 4 kids give off some kind of energy. Then there's the fact that it can frame Zelk, by always targeting kids after each party."

I ran my fingers through my hair. Darryl was right. The demon definitely didn't choose this school at random. There were way too many factors that helped it get away with what it did.

"So what are we going to do?" I questioned my guardian, feeling lost and helpless.

Darryl simply smiled. "The only thing we can do: Gather everyone together and confront Finn. I mean Jack, George, Clay, Vincent, Zelk, you, and me, all going to his house."

I stared at Darryl in disbelief. "You two can defeat a demon?" I questioned. "George and you, I mean? I know you're guardian angels but... still, demons are super powerful aren't they?"

The angel laughed. "Oh dear, no. But, I can summon Warrior Angels. Gabriel gave me that power before I arrived here on earth," Darryl explained to me. "It'll be a fight that the demon can't win. Plus, we'll make sure to send the demon back to hell safely, so Finn won't get hurt."

I sighed. "Alright, so when should we do this?" I asked, feeling slightly uneasy about the whole situation.

Darryl gave me a grave look. "As soon as possible. Could you text the others?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I can do that."

A/N: kind of a short one again but y'all can deal with it >:)