songfic/angst/happy ending-Rewrite the Stars

The song belongs to-Wait, who does it belong to? It just doesn't belong to me or anyone i know, that's for sure!

Third Person

Doc was standing in the usual meeting place, a meadow near spawn.

He was waiting for Grian. They couldn't show that they were dating, they just couldn't. It was mid-war, it wouldn't work.

He saw the shorter hermit land next to him, and he looked really sad.

Doc immediately knew what this was about and softly sung. "You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide..."

Grian began saying something "Doc-"

"You know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."

The winged hermit sighed.

"You claim its not it the cards. But fate is pulling you miles away, and out of reach of me."

Grian looked at his feet, and shook his head slowly.

Doc gently lifted Grian's head so he would make eye contact "But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny!"

Grian's eyes flickered with sadness as Doc pulled away and his voice raised "What if we rewrite the stars?"

His wings twitched and he shook his head "Doc..."

"To say you were made to be mine! Nothing could keep us apart; you'd be the one I was meant to find!" He threw his hands into the air, the starry sky beautiful against the clear night sky.

"It's up to you and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight." He put an arm around Grian, and rested his head on Grian's.

Grian leaned into Docs embrace, but after a moment, pulled away. He began singing shakily.

"You think it's easy! You think I don't wanna run to you!" The angel pulled his snow amulet out from under his sweater and clutched it in his hand.

"But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through." Doc frowned, but just listened.

"I know you're wondering why, 'cause we're able to be just you and me within these walls."

He closed his eyes, recalling how they had found each other in high school and started dating back then. Then he went missing in Evo, and after two years finally joined Hermitcraft, and they wanted to date again.

But at this point, Doc had become a demon. And their relationship became more difficult.

"But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all!" He opened his eyes and took another step backwards.

"No one can rewrite the stars!" He spread his wings with this verse.

"How can you say you'll be mine when everything keeps us apart!" Doc sighed, knowing some of the things he said was correct.

"And I'm not the one you were meant to find, it's not up to you it's not up to me!" Grian was slowly getting more and more agitated. He could feel the pull telling him that Doc was not his soulmate, but his soulmate was dead.

What happened when two soulmateless players fall in love?

"When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours tonight?" He let his wings drop, and a tear drippled down his face.

"All I want to do is fly with you! All I want to do is fall with you! So just give me all of you!" They both began those verses at once. Little did they know, Scar and Cub were watching them. They had no intention of blackmail, surprisingly.

The angel's broken halo flickered into view for a moment, and he cried out "It feels impossible!

Doc stepped forward "It's not impossible Grian!"

Doc reached out to the angel, who leaned into his touch, and whispered. "Is it possible?"

Doc let him fall into his arms and they both sung out "Say that its possible!"

"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart! Cause you are the one I was meant to find! It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be! Why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours..." Grian sighed softly, but then began to pull away.

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide."

Doc whispered softly as Grian sung those verses. "Please Grian..."

"But I can't have you but we're bound to break and-" He let his full broken halo show, a sad smile from the angel was visible. "As you can see, my hands are tied."

Doc softly cried after Grian left, also in tears.

Meanwhile, Concorp sat there in shock. They wanted their ship to go through, and goddamnit, they are making it go through!

Doc eventually left, and Concorp silently plotted.

---To the end of the war!---

The two groups stood by the building Concorp had fled from, all overjoyed.

Doc and G made eye contact, and Grian whispered softly, loud enough for the hearing enhanced demon to hear. "My hands are untied..."

Doc let a smile fall across his face, and began walking forward, confusing multiple hermits. They lost confusion when Grian lunged forward and Doc caught him, and they kissed.

For a moment, there was a shocked silence. It was knowledge that both of the hermits had dead soulmates, and it was incredibly rare for two non-soulmates to get together, but when it happened it was always an amazing moment.

So, Scar (Who had hidden behind a tree) began clapping. After a moment, some others joined in and Iskall whooped joyfully.

Grian pulled away and grinned happily.

Doc whispered "We can rewrite the stars then?" Grian fake glared at him from his position in Doc's arms.

"Oh shut up."

I wanted some Gridoc, alright? I've had this idea for a while now, so when I was bored and stuck on a writer's block in R&A, I just typed this.

Another side note, I'm currently listening to Pop 101. "Hurry up and get to the chorus!"

I love this song and ship.

Bye my loyal customers!

Word count 1032