Chapter 37 - Ahmad

"Fatihaaaa!"

The knot was finally tied in a small mosque close to Humairah's uncle's house. They said 2pm after Zhur but guess the time it happened? 8pm after isha prayer, to avoid suspicion. I shook hands with the Imam and his companions before leaving the mosque.

"When do you want us to convey her to you?" Humairah's uncle said on our way to his house.

"I am taking her now with me" I said smiling. "I hope that won't be a problem, sir?" I asked.

"No Ahmad, not at all" He said and continued. "It is an undercover marriage after all"

"Yes" I said as we walked into his house.

Humairah was already waiting for me with her head covered while sitting on the couch. All her belongings had, since in the morning, been conveyed to the house I purchased for her. So now, it was only going to be the two of us driving to the house. Hmm, it felt really good!

"Muje koh (we should go right)?" I asked her.

"Yes" She sniffed.

"Okay" I smiled as I gently held her hand and stood her up.

I knew she had been lectured thoroughly about the kind of life she was about to step in, and I knew she had wept a lot. We were escorted to my car and I drove her and myself away.

...

It was a silent drive to the house. Humairah alighted gently from the car as soon as I parked it in the parking lot close to the G-wagon I imported for her. I held her hand and walked us into the house. There was no light so I told her to wait for me in the room to go and 'turn on' the generator in the backyard.

Immediately I started the generator, I pressed the supply button and light came up. I huffed as I walked back to Humairah. She was still there with her head covered. I smiled and gently took the veil off. That moment, I knew I didn't waste my money on her make up.

"My best cook is now my wife" I said and that made her to smile and turn her face away. "I love you, Humairah" I took one of her hands into a warm clasp before kissing it. She was kindof insecure. I knew she had heard a lot about first nights and I knew she was definitely scared so I decided not to touch her for now. "We need to pray" I announced as I stood and headed to the bathroom to perform ablution.

...

After performing my own ablution, I waited for her on the big prayer mat to go and perform hers. She timidly stood up, went to the bathroom and came back minutes later. Hence we prayed two rak'ahs together before she returned back to the bed. She sat there quietly and began fidgeting her fingers while I took off my cloths and got myself changed into a shorts and singlet.

"Seems like you are tired" I said sitting close to her. "I thought you would change your cloths too" I gulped with my eyes steady on her.

"Ehm..." She cleared her throat and gulped. "I am not tired. I am... I am just shy" She said.

"Hmm!" I smiled as I moved more closer to her. "Humairah, feel free please, okay?" I said.

"Okay" She said as she gently stood to her feet. I thought she was going to change her cloth but guess what she did? She sat on my lap.

"Wow" I blurted out and that was it, we had our first night together. I enjoyed it, the night really went well and in the morning Humairah cooked breakfast for me. I ate and drove back to my house to check on Rania, my first wife. I had lied to Rania that I would be flying to Abuja for business deals these days.

"Good morning, my love" I said to Rania as soon as I walked to her in the dining area. She was eating breakfast while going through her laptop. "I hope you slept well?" I pecked her.

"I was lonely" She said not looking at me.

"I am so sorry, my love" I held her hand as I sat in the opposite chair facing her, she looked sad.

"It's not just about me, it's about our baby too" She complained. "Our baby needs our care, both of us!"

"I know, Rania but..." I hesitated and continued. "I... I really need to do this. The business trips won't last forever, right? So please bear with me"

"Okay... okay" She said as she shut the laptop off. "Have you eaten? Do you want some Irish potato?" She said as she began serving me.

"Since you've started serving me already, the answer is yes" I said, thus we both laughed and then ate together.

***************

This is the 4th update of the day. I should rest.

I love you all.