Callie - Slumber Party?

So life went on and on and on. I started to know his family; his life. How his little sister, Annie, acts like a teenager; although she’s only eight, how his parents finish each others sentences, the way Lances room looks. I think Hannah and Brittany would murder me if they knew about that one. 

The breakdowns got worse, but I had Lance on my side. He took me in when things got bad and when I had nowhere else to turn too. He was slowly growing on me, which scared the living bejibbles out of me. 

Although he told me that he had my back, I didn’t believe him until one night when it had to be one of the worst breakdowns ever. 

It about one o’clock in the morning when Booby freaked and I felt horrible for even thinking of going over to his place. What would his parents think? What would my parents think? What would Lance do? 

But I went over, despite my thoughts, and found myself standing in the rain thinking of a way to get Lance. I can’t knock at the door in the middle of the night, so I stumbled through his backyard looking for objects I could throw at his window. 

After a few sticks and who knows what hit his window I saw a light click on. When Lance looked out his window rubbing at his eyes and squinting down at me he must have seen my face in the pouring rain because he was at the backdoor in a second, hurrying me in. 

“What happened?” He asked, throwing a towel around my shoulders and using the ends of it to wipe my hair. 

“Bobby” I muttered, looking away. 

“Again? This late?” He whispered, clenching his jaw together, wiping my face now. 

“Its not his fault” I told him. 

“But I hate seeing you like this”. These butterflies seriously need to stop coming at the worst time. 

“Here, we have school tomorrow so why don’t you just stay the night and go home in the morning?” I think the butterflies just turned into atomic bombs. I nodded and followed Lance up the stairs to his room. 

His room was like a cabaña on the beach. It was a dark blue room with nautical objects that gave it the feeling of being on a tropical island. The desk in the back was covered in rope and fishing poles leaned up against the wall. Pictures were on his desk of him on the beach holding fish, rope, Annie, scuba gear . . . girls. I seriously need a reality check, you shouldn’t like him; let alone think you have a chance. 

I pushed my negative thoughts out of my mind and looked over at Lance rummaging through his drawers. 

“Why is your room so. . . tropical?” I asked, looking around. He stood up, holding a red shirt and basketball shorts and threw them at me. 

“You can wear those for the night and I’ll throw your cloths in the drier.” He paused. “We moved here from St. Maarten” I nodded my head. 

“Which side?” 

“French”. I guess I should have knew that considering a huge French flag hung on the wall. . . . 

“Whats with all the fishing stuff?” I asked him, he smiled modestly. 

“My Dad owns a fish market there, thats why I have all this equipment. We make our own nets and poles. We’re kinda known as the Pierre fishing fanatics” He laughed a little. I smiled at his laugh. Man, thats cheesy. 

“If you guys had a market there, why did you move here?” 

“Well, our family is still over there watching it, we came here to make our market bigger.” I looked at his pictures in his room once again and saw an old lady sitting on Lances lap at the beach while he's laughing, it was cute . . . and funny. 

“Is that your grandma?” I asked. I felt him walk behind me and pick up the picture, for the first time I saw him frown a bit looking at it. 

“Yeah, she’s watching our shop back in St. Maarten”

“Do you miss her?” I asked him, looking up into his face. He held an emotionless mask and said nothing. 

“Why don’t you get changed; I’ll get the room ready” He said and turned away. 

When I came back from the bathroom wearing what he gave me I found that he made his bed and got me a glass of water. I walked up to his room quietly not wanted to wake his family and he ushered me in. He smiled brightly at me with tired bags under his eyes. 

“Hello madam, welcome to the Pierre sweet where you will be staying” He said acting like a hotel bellhop. 

“Oh, why thank you for this fine glass of aqua and a neatly made bed” I said, playing along. 

“Well you are my guest so my goal is to make your stay the best”. He smiled. 

“Okay, but with all seriousness, where do you want to sleep?”. He asked me. Oh God, what am I suppose to say? I want to sleep with you! Uh, not gonna happen. 

“Uh, well-” 

“I understand if you don’t want to sleep with me, so I’ll just sleep on the floor and you can take the bed”. He said. 

“No, I’m not gonna kick you out of your own bed”.

“Well, I’m not gonna make you sleep on the floor”. This is kinda awkward. . . . 

“I’ll just sleep on the flo-”. 

“No your not”.

“Yeah I am”. 

“Callie” Lance said, giving me a I’m-not-going-to-let-you.

“Lance” I mimicked, giving him the same look. He gave up.

“Fine, then I guess we’re both sleeping together”. I tried to hide a laugh, but he looked at me and started to laugh too. Even if we try to get into a serious fight, we cant. 

He turned off the lights, and I immediately felt my eyelids get heavy. I pulled his covers up to my chin and felt him climb in next to me. Its the weirdest feeling having someone sleeping next to you, feeling their body beside you, and their body heat radiating from them. Its nice for a change. 

“Goodnight”. He whispered beside me. 

“Goodnight”. I whispered back, already falling into unconsciousness.

“Don’t let the fish hooks bite” I smiled before falling into the most comfortable, relaxing, deep sleep i have ever had. 

Hey guys! Sorry this took me so long to upload, ill try to do better! i hope you like this chapter, their getting closer! :D anyway please correct me on any grammar errors if you see any, that would be great! COMMENT and VOTE for next chapter! Thanks! :) Oh, and sorry it's short:( ill do better next chapter!