Chapter 5

"Can I still be a hero?" – Talking

'Can I still be a hero?' - Thoughts

"Can I still be a hero?" – All Might's Muscle Form Talking

'One for All' – Quirk Name

"Can I still be a hero?" – News/TV

STREETS OF MUSTAFU/ALL MIGHT POV

Hopefully with The Vendettas and Vanguard Action Squad captured the streets can know peace again, I look around noticing most of my colleagues still past out I gave a sigh. All of this and over one man who has yet to even reveal himself, a vigilante none the less and one that is drawn as my 'edgier counterpart'. My thoughts linger on this 'Black Bolt' figure until a shadow zooms over the streets, I gaze upwards seeing a figure circling up above thinking it to be Hawks I waved him down only to see Hawks passed out in the street. I look back up to see the figure swoop at my location so I dive to dodge. A resounding boom fills the silent night and with it a plume of dust obscuring my vision, after a few moments the dust settles to reveal a man dressed in a black one piece costume, it's sides lined in embroiled grey lightning bolts. A mask revealing only his mouth and eyes and a strange metal ornament on his forehead, the final detail of the costume was a small glider caper resting behind him reaching down to his elbows.

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"..."

"LET ME GUESS, YOU ARE THE MYSTERIOUS BLACK BOLT?"

"..."

"YOUR SILENCE IS AS CONDEMING AS A CONFESSION. YOUR ACTIONS HAVE LED TO ANARCHY ON THE STREETS AND BLOOD OF INNOCENTS SPILLED IN THE ALLEYWAYS AND SIDEWALKS FOR THIS YOU MUST PAY!" I charge at him charging up a smash.

"DETROIT SMASH!!" My fist collides and yet the only sensation is that of punching a solid diamond wall, I look at the man to see a blue translucent shield covering him. He then takes the offense and charges me with surprising strength and speed sending shots at my ribs and lower abdomen when he lands a blow on my injury he sends a mouthful of blood. I fall to the ground in pain and notice his stoic features. He starts walking away.

"GET BACK HERE COWARD YOU HAVE YET TO BEST ME!" He looks back with an unamused expression before opening his mouth for the first time in the battle and uttered a soft doom upon me.

"Go away." The sheer force sent me flying from the Arderaan District into UA forcing me to shift back to my Small Might form. I have faced many villains in my time as well as vigilantes yet none, not even All for One had that much power and honestly for one of the first times in my life excluding any and all moments with Gran Torino and All for One I was afraid, scared, terrified. Guess I know how I make villains feel. I pass out.

1 HOUR LATER

*SIREN SOUND *SIREN SOUND *SIREN SOUND *SIREN SOUND *SIREN SOUND *SIREN SOUND

Huh? When did I change my alarm to the siren setting? Opening my eyes I come face to face with multiple worried Police Officers' faces, I then remembered what had happened.

"Argh! My heads hurts do much! I haven't taken a beaten like that for a few years maybe a decade or so." As my head pounded I felt a strange feeling wash over me: relief. Relief that someone so powerful had a sense of justice, granted a twisted one at that, but one nonetheless and wasn't a villain. With the worrying Police dispersed, my view was now occupied by my colleague and boss.

"Ah Nedzu, Aizawa how can I help you today erh, tonight!?"

"I think it would be better to discuss this inside, Toshinori."

NEDZU OFFICE

"Now, with Toshinori here we can begin." Looking around I see the rest of the UA staff already standing in the office.

"Now prior Black Bolt's Crusade I had Aizawa look in to a mysterious Vigilante that decreased Arderaan's crime rates to 0 and bested the Eight Precepts of Death and their boss Overhaul." Nedzu paused allowing the shocking news to sink in and wait for the –

"!LE GASP!" Yeah that.

"After a later confrontation resulting in the fracturing of 23 different bones, Aizawa had to give up due to being physical unable to continue the investigation. Though he did learn several facts from a contact in Arderaan. 1- This Vigilante had enormous power easily bettering most of the Top 10 Heroes yet still maintains anonymity. And 2- this Vigilante operated under the moniker Black Bolt. After several recent events one including Black Bolts defeat of All Might, I have decided to create a Task Force made up of all Staff members of UA, the leader will be Aizawa."

"Thanks Nedzu, anyway our first step needs to investigate Arderaan yet only in civilian form, and any heroes here who have a known civilian form cannot attend this mission including myself."

"Aizawa, why not just talk to your contact?"

"I don't trust him. When we conversed, I mean communicated something seemed off. I can tell he is a good man but I get this weird feeling when we communicate. Anyway speaking of my contact the heroes who cannot go will stay here with Nedzu and I and investigate Izuku Midoriya." Cementoss looked confused.

"And why Izuku Midoriya? Is he a suspect?"

"I'm not sure yet my guts telling me he is connected to the case."

"Shota, why are we using our civilian persona to investigate?"

"Think Nemuri, if Black Bolt sees a bunch of Pros sniffing 'his' District he will get suspicious. And secondly it will be so Midoriya won't notice, hopefully."

"Izuku Midoriya was just voted as one of the Ten Most Influential people in Mustafu and is the first minor to make the list. Nothing goes on in the Arderaan, Corooskent, Kyshakk and Tatouine Districts without Midoriya knowing it. He has a monopoly on almost everything from bars to paperclip factories, he is also famous for his generosity after building several Orphan Shelters in the previously mentioned districts, in fact he even lives in the Arderaan Shelter with the orphans. He is also known for his numerous fundraisers aimed at helping kids, teens and adults off the street and into jobs as well as getting addicts and junkies sober. Yet despite all of his feats not much is known about his personal life and barely attends any events or interviews. Now as of now let our investigation begin."