Chapter 1

"Can I still be a hero?" – Talking

'Can I still be a hero?' - Thoughts

"Can I still be a hero?" – All Might's Muscle Form Talking

'One for All' – Quirk Name

"Can I still be a hero?" – News/TV

MIDORIYA RESIDENCE/IZUKU POV

I woke up, today was my 4th birthday the day my quirk would appear! I was so excited I missed a rumbling sensation in my stomach and throat. My door opened to see my mum and dad walk in with smiles on their faces.

"Good morning honey! Happy Birthday!" My dad comes up for a hug but I drop to the ground as a tearing pain stretches through lungs and throat. Mum rushes over seeing something wrong.

"Izuku what's wrong?" I look up at her through my teary eyes as a whisper escapes my mouth.

"help." Yet as my voice left my throat it was accompanied with a powerful force. The worst part was when the force sent my parents careening into the wall which then collapsed onto them. In a panic I ran to the phone and called for an ambulance yet before I could tell them what was wrong I started panicking.

'What happens if it does it again?' After awhile the operator hung up thinking it to be a prank call. AT that point I rolled up into a ball and did what any newly orphaned 4 year old would do, I cried.

The next six years I spent on the street learning how to take care of myself, sign language and the capabilities of my quirk. It turns out my concussive voice is not my only ability: enhanced strength (enough to pick up a car at full strength), enhanced speed (100m in 5 seconds) and I can create a sonic shield forcefield and even flight-ish. You see to sustain flight I need a glider like apparel.

FOUR YEARS LATER

14 years old orphan sleeping in an alley with a deadly quirk making me essentially mute, yep living the dream. Today is my 14th birthday also marking the 10th anniversary of my parents' deaths, and like every year today I will go and pay respects to them or at least I will try. You see as I make my way to the Graveyard I pass through a shadier alley when I see it.

"Well well, look what we got here Reggie! It's a freak and freaks like her only got one use if you ask me."
"You're right on both accounts there Jo!" I hear a feminine scream what sounds to be a zipper... Oh shit! I quickly find the pair of men holding down a crying girl with pink skin and hair with a pair of horns, looking around I pick up a discarded blanket and wrap it around the lower part of my face to conceal my identity, I ran dash to the would be rapists and punch the first one in the chin sending him flying onto the roof of the near by building, this caught the other man who turned to face me.

"Huh, go away kid I'm trying to enjoy myself, can't ya see?" He points at the girl and her ripped clothing, I look him in the eye and whisper.

"die." The force sends him through a building and flying into the streets with his pants undone. Quickly pulling the closest things to clothes out of some dumpsters I wrap the girl in them than proceeded to call the police on her phone before leaving to the cemetery.

When I arrive I jump behind a tombstone as I see Aunt Mitsuki leave from my parents graves, once I'm certain the coast is clear I proceed to the graves.

'Mum, Dad look I know I tell you every year but I am extremely sorry about your deaths but I have found out away to atone for my past crimes, I will save people like I dreamt as a child though not as a hero that brings smiles to those I save. No instead I will save people and leave awe and fear in those who would commit crimes as a vigilante.' On that day the Black Bolt was born.

6 MONTHS LATER

Thanks to the generous donations of my targets, I had enough money to get an actual costume from a less than shadier costume designer, usually used for villains, and thanks to one of my raids on a drug boss meet up I had enough money to start investing money into small bars and restaurants as well as cafés meaning I now have a steady flow of money and a place to stay. Usually I would crash at one of the bars but my actual base is a busted down apartment that I'm trying to start up as an orphan shelter. Thankfully I'm still unknown to the Hero Community allowing me to continue to work unhindered, yet that being said my district in Mustafa, Arderaan, has had less and less criminals dwelling here thanks to my work but so far the only criminals I have really scared off are small time thugs luckily the majority of criminals here are just that. However a drug called 'Trigger' has been popping up everywhere, apparently the dealers are a yakuza group called the Eight Precepts of Deaths. As far as I knew the Yakuza went extinct with the birth of Quirks, seems I was mistaken, still as of now I am trying to track down some of the street dealers to find information on the Precepts and hopefully clean up these streets, until than the citizens may sleep peacefully where as the criminals may shiver in terror as the streets are patrolled by Black Bolt.