Chapter 3

" Can I still be a hero?" – Sign Language

"Can I still be a hero?" – Talking

'Can I still be a hero?' - Thoughts

"Can I still be a hero?" – All Might's Muscle Form Talking

'One for All' – Quirk Name

"Can I still be a hero?" – News/TV

HOTEL SITHIS/ERASERHEAD POV

It's been three days since I checked in here and I just got back from my evening patrol, finding no crimes in progress I went back here to order some room service but as I go to reception I notice a tall man with a green mop of hair and freckle littered cheeks dressed in a full suit and tie get up standing close to the manager at the reception desk doing some strange hand gestures, after a minute or two he left. I decide to go order some food.

"Good evening sir, how can I help?"

"Oh, well I would like to order some katsudon for room R-2."

"Of course sir!"
"Also I was just wondering on who that man talking to the manager was?"

"Oh you must mean lil Midori!"

"Excuse me?"

"Ahem, that was Izuku Midoriya, owner of this fine establishment and half of most businesses in the district, the most amazing thing is he is only 15. And even with all his wealth he is a very humble young man in fact just a couple months ago he opened up an orphan shelter where he looks after the kids and once they are older offers them jobs at his establishments." The man spoke with pride in his voice, clearly he like this 'Midoriya'.

"Anyway if that is all, your food should be up in five minutes and your bill with it, have a nice evening."

ROOM R-2

Slurping on my dinner I think back to the boy Midoriya. To be such an influential person before 16 is incredible, hold up if he really is as well connected as the receptionist says he is he may be able to help with my investigation, guess I'll check in on him tomorrow.

ORPHAN SHELTER/ERASERHEAD POV

According to the receptionist, Midoriya lives at the shelter with the orphans so I walk up and notice the open door, letting myself in I come across a trio of boys, around 13/14.

"Excuse me, where can I find Izuku Midoriya?" The three look at each other than back at me.

"Who wants to know?" The one who answers is wearing a yellow Present Mic shirt and some grey cargo shorts.

"Pro Hero Eraserhead." The next one speaks up, this one was wearing a jean jacket and a Best Jeanist shirt underneath along with his denim jeans.

"Well you see living on the streets so long has messed with our memories, maybe with some encouragement we could tell you."

"Are you trying to shake me down?"

"Hey! We would never! But if we were would who would blame us, we are broke orphans, don't forget!" The third one was wearing a flannel shirts and cargo pants. With a sigh I chucked each of them 100 yen. As soon as they had money in hand they dashed.

"Hey! Get back here..." I sigh at my own stupidity when I see another figure from a doorway to my left wearing a Nike Hoodie obscuring his face and camo pants, he starts signing.

"Wow, I can not believed a Pro Hero fell for a basic shake down like that. "

"And who are you?"

"Izuku Midoriya." A boy of around 6 foot steps out dressed in a black Nike shirt and camo pants.

"How can I help you Eraserhead?"

"How did you know who I am?

"Well as far as I know there is only one Hero whose attire is that of a homeless man." I raise an eyebrow at him as if challenging him to insult me again.

"I jest of course, anyway as I said before how may I help you?"

"I heard you are the most influential man in the district, that true?"

"Well I guess so. What's it to you though?"

"I need your help, right now I am investigating the vigilante Black Bolt yet I come up with nothing but dead ends. So I thought some as well connected as you has surely heard something about the man."

"Hm, sound conclusion. Very well I'll tell, sign you what I know. He showed up just over little a year ago, stopped a would be rapist wearing a black hoodie and pants with a bandana around his mouth, as the months went by crime rates dropped while his notoriety in the criminal underworld rose up until about two weeks ago where after busting up a Yakuza parley, where now even gangs and crime organizations stay clear of here, only the arrogant and foolish criminals still dwell here."

"How do you know so much?"

"Well since I don't force the children to pay rent here, they repay me by telling me what they hear on the streets allowing me to amass quite the intriguing trivia on most the goings on in the district, as well as the residents."

"Very well, can you tell me about anything he has done recently?"

"Sadly, no. Over the last few days he hasn't been sighted at all, no patrols, no busts, nothing. Sorry but that is all I know, I must be going I have an appointment at the tailors for a fitting for my charity auction outfit. Farewell." As the boy left I realised that even with all of his connections and orphans spies, he doesn't know too much how bothersome.

THAT NIGHT

As I patrolled the rooftops I see a car wildly drive through the streets till it stops at the bank where several armed and hooded men jumped out of the car one seemed pretty hesitant.

"I don't know about this Hanzo, what if we run into Black Bolt?"

"Oh shut up Asuma, think about it. What are the chances that Black Bolt will come and stop us, there probably a bunch of other crimes garnering his attention."

"I wouldn't be so sure Hanzo."

"And why is that Seto?" The third man just points up the rest look up to see a black figure circling the bank much to their horror, suddenly it swoops at high speeds crashing into Hanzo sending him into the side of the car knocking him out, the remaining five men unload on the vigilante only to see their guns do nothing as they bounce off a blue translucent forcefield, when their barrage stopped to reload Black Bolt stormed them, fists blazing knocking them out with in a matter of seconds. As he ties them up I drop to the street to confront him, I activate my quirk than quickly wrap him in my capture gear once secure I release my quirk to stop my dry eyes from flaring up.

"So you are the infamous Black Bolt huh?" the next few seconds were painful.

"Go back to UA Eraserhead." A sudden concussive blast tore my scarf apart and a tremor through my bones, the pain was so bad I passed out.