Trouble always comes around

I opened the note to find another. The smaller one inside was in cursive and in Charlie's handwriting. I always love his handwriting, it being so proper and neat. I frowned when I read it,

"Dear Mandy,
I hate you and wish you don't come for me. I do not miss you and I never want to see you again. Don't send for help.
Cha-"

He hadn't finished writing his name and there were drops of blood on the paper. The outer note seemed to be written by the dark one:

"Grab your weapon, Amanda. The war has just begun. Tell your little boyfriend that this battle is just between you and me, it's not his fight."

I was extremely confused with Charlie's note. I literally wanted to cry, my best friend was missing. But I had no time to waste, I had to be strong. Wiping the tears which leaked from my eyes, I had to search for Felix or Pan. My eyes turn blurry with my tears. My Charlie was missing. His note made no sense. I had the right to be hysterical, right? I was questioning myself because I felt like a failure. I missed him. I wanted him to come and tell me that it's alright and that he will help me work it out.

And that's when I began crying. Someone held on to me and shouted out, "Derek, get Peter right now! Felic as well, if possible." It was Liam, holding me. Helping me calm down, he rubbed my back and spoke sweet nothings into my ears. Upon finally calming down he asked the meaning of Charlie's note. It was particularly the most controversial thing he ever read. A faint smile appeared on my lips, "Its a Charlie thing. It means the opposite of what he wrote."

Liam shook his head, "That boy... Are you feeling alright, 'Manda?"  I sniffled, "Yeah I guess. Missing him." He shook his head, "I forgot how 'inseparable' you two are." I pouted, "Dont make fun of my brother!" He frowned, "Am I not your brother?" I shrugged and hugged him, "You are my future husband." He chuckle, his chest vibrating with his chuckles, "Well I am afraid I'll let you down." I hummed, almost in tears again, "Hmm?" He just shrugged and I didn't think much of it. I wish I did.

By then, the trio were walking to us. But Peter and Felix ran to us, asking, "Are you alright, my love?" "Munchkin, what happened?" I teared up again, handing them the notes. I didnt see what they made of it because I was taken in the kitchen by Liam. He smiled and handed me a glass of water. I drank whilst he gently wiped my tears with a towel. He whispered, "You are too beautiful to cry. Your eyes are not made for crying. We will find Charlie. Yesm we will."

I smiled softly back at him, as he took my now empty glass. I walked out of the kitchen, Felix and Pan were gone. So was Derek, who was the one who actually called the duo. For the first time in a long time, I felt lonely again. I choked my tears down my throat, a couple of tears leaking through my eyes. My cheeks was wet again. And I wanted Charlie to be okay from the depth of my heart. I was going to make sure he was. I decided to have an early lunch and quietly stood beside Li as he cooked.

Lunchtime arrived and Peter sat me next to him, holding my hand under the table. But my attention was elsewhere. Felix was on my left, his arm around my shoulders. It was nice and comforting, making me upset that I had not done a thing yet to find my best friend. I swallowed the guilt and the bad feeling down my throat. Something had to go wrong. That's what Charlie said.

Nah he said trouble always comes around.

Charlie is the best. No doubt.

I grimaced as the lunch came to an end. Peter gently let go of my hand, stood up and pecked my lips softly and went back to his work. Felix had not yet withdrawn his arm from my shoulders. He leaned in and whisphered softly, "Sometimes bad things happen to the best of us, all we have to do is to stand up and fight back." I sat there baffled as Felix got up, put his hoodie on, picked up his club and looked down on me, smiling. He leaned down to me, "We will find Charlie, don't worry." And then he kissed my forehead, walking away to probably help Pan.