Chapter 3 part 2 Charlie's Point of View

I know where Meryl hides her spare key into her house. I took the key and carefully unlocked the door. Meryl is probably still sleeping. I walked into her room and sat on her bed waiting for her to wake up. I stared at her and realized what a beautiful woman she is. I really hope we can straighten this out soon. I need Meryl in my life and I don't know what I would do without her. "I love you Meryl" I said and got up to leave. As I was about to leave I hear her say "Charlie, is that you?" "Who else would it be?" I replied. She came over to me and looked at me angrily. "Charlie, I think that you need to leave." I tried to apologize but she kept talking. "I need you to tell Marina that I am not coming to practice today." "Meryl, I think you should come." "I don't think I can ever come back and skate with you in a time like this." I was blinking a lot, trying not to cry. "Meryl please I need to talk to you." "Charlie, I am taking the month off, now please leave." I gave her one last hug and said goodbye. I drove to the rink and told Marina. We still did our usual practice but it was different not having Meryl at my side. What did I do to lose my best friend? I quickly got my skates off and drove home. I knew the answer and it was quite clear what was going on..

#merlieforeverandalways