Chapter 8

Dedicated to emmagirly for being very persistent on messaging to see when i was going to update. Thanks for your continued support!

      Skylar and Marcus helped me to the office and when we got there, they helped me to sit down.  Jack gave me a hug saying, “I love you sissy.”

                “I love you to, bud. Have fun with Skylar, he is a pretty cool guy.”

                “I knows that sissy. He helped me one day when I was played with Layla and Dylan was on her team.”

                Matt and Hayden walked in, along with a girl. Skylar said respectively, “Alphas, Kaylyn, how is your day going?”

                Matt answered, “It is going alright Skylar.”

                “That is good, come on Jack, let’s go get some ice-cream and get our gaming on.”

                The two of them left and Marcus said, “I will see you later Juliet.”

                I was falling asleep in my chair when I nodded and yawned out, “See you Marcus.”

                I heard the door open and close, and then heard feet shuffling. Matt said, “Juliet, dear.”

                I opened my eyes to see everyone sitting down, “Yes?”

                “Dear, would you like to take a nap before we talk?”

                “I won’t be able to sleep anyway, so no.”

                Matt sighed and Hayden said, “Juliet, this is my younger sister, Rena.”

                “Hello Rena, it is a pleasure to meet you.”

                “You to Luna.”

                “I am not a Luna. I am not even part of a pack yet, and I plan to keep it that way.”

                Hayden growled but I ignored it. I continued, “How old are you Rena?”

                “Fifteen, I know I am younger than you, but I promise I am not…”

                “Age is just a number, I don’t mind.”

                Rena sent me a smile that I tried to return, but it probably looked like more of a grimace. Rena said, “I will let you guys talk, I am going to find Brad.”

                Matt said, “Bye sweetie,” then he mumbled, “Wish that kid would tell her they are mates already.”

                Hayden looked at me, “Why haven’t you been eating, Juliet?”

                I shrugged, “At first it was protest, but then I just did not feel like eating. Like you cared, you didn’t check on me at all.”

                Hayden looked pained, and glanced down at his feet. “Juliet, I am sorry. I know sorry is just a word, but I didn’t mean for it to go this far. I wanted to check on you, but then I knew if I did I wouldn’t hold to my word. I knew if I unchained you, you were going to run away. I should have, it is not my place to chain you down, but you got hurt and I was scared. No I hurt you more.”     

                I had tears in my eyes. I knew I couldn’t just let this go like I wanted. He needed to know that he couldn’t do that to me. I replied bitterly, “Hayden, I am not some dog you can chain up to make me sit and listen to you.”