Resurgent: part 4

:::TOBIAS:::

I wake up with Tris using me as her pillow. She looks so peacful, happy, with a little smile peeking through her lips as she sleeps. She is warm, her heart beat viberates my chest. everytime she takes a breath her chest moves up and down. She is alive.

I peck her forehead and the little smile on her lips turns into a grin. She is beautiful.

"I thought you were dead." I say smiling at her.

"I was. but im back."

"You need to be careful, less care free. No more deadly situations, I'm going to protect you this time Tris." I say. I cant let her go again. She sits up and her smile fades away.

"You can't. Tobias you can't keep me from danger, you can't protect me."

"I can try."

"I was sent back to fight, with you. Just like we used to."

"I cant lose you again." I admit.

"You won't." She promises.

***

"TRIS??!!" Christina says as she runs into my apartment. "But, You...How?" Tris begans to explain everything she told me. It's an amazing story, honestly. The fact the God chose me, and Tris, is unbelievable. And more importantly, The reason Tris agreed to come back to this hell hole, I will never understand.

But I constantly find myself mostly hung on the fact they chose us. We are genetically damaged, although I would never bring that point to Tris. What about the fact that it is my fault for many deaths? Uriah, to start with. I havent done much good in life, and I'm not sure I can start now.

"Four?" Asks Christina.

"Huh?... What?"

"Want to come get tattoos or not?"

"oh...Yeah!" I rush, my heart pounding in attempt to leave my chest.

I suppose for a minute I thought she could have known what I was thinking. Of course she didn't, but she is looking at me suspiciosly. Thats Tris, though, reading people's emotions, especially when you dont want her to.

"Um...." Tris starts.

"Whats wrong?" I ask her. She is biting her lip and looking down at her clothes. I just now notice she is wearing the same thing she died in, blood stains all over her. I can see right where the bullets hit her, and anger stirs in my stomach. I just can't imagine the pain she must of went throw, the pain David caused.

"I have nothing to wear, Tobias."

"Owe! lets go shopping!" Shouts Christina.

"I cant wear this to the stores Christina!" Tris says gesturing to her blood stained clothing. I laugh a little at her facial expression and Christina's stupefied reaction.

"Come here. I have some of your clothes that I was given after you... um..."

"Died?" Christina asks plainly. Looking down at her nails like it was no big deal. I cringe a little and shoot her a look. "Sorry." She mumbles.

Tris puts her hand on my arm. "Its okay, Tobias."

"Eww."

"Shut up candor." I say as I pull Tris closer to me. She reaches for my belt loopes and ksses me.

"Umm... She needs clothes, and im still right here." Christina says. "I mean, I get your in love or whatever but..."

"Come on, Tris. I'll show you whats left of your belongings."