11. The House cup

Harry walked down the stairs when I called "Harry, I come with you, okay?" "Alright maybe I do need some help." We walked down the stairs together. Suddenly Harry grabbed to his scar. I asked him "Does it hurt?" "Yeah, a little."

We came into a room with a mirror. I saw Professor Quirrell standing there. I didn't see Snape. I knew it wasn't him. Harry asked "You? No it can't be. Snape he was the--" "Yes he does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect...poor, stuttering Professor Quirrell?" I responded "I suspected you." He ignored me. Harry said "But that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me." "No dear boy I tried to kill you! And trust me if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact...I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his countercurse." Harry asked "Snape was trying to save me?" "I knew you were a danger to me, especially after Halloween." Harry said "Then you let the troll in!" "Very good, Potter, yes. Snape unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone ran about, he went to the third-floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone. Never. Now what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the Stone. But how do I get it?"

We heard a creepy voice that said "Use the boy." Quirrell turned around and shouted "Come here, Potter! Now!" Harry walked to him "I whispered "Say it when you need me, alright? I'm ready to help." He nodded. He understood. When he was for the mirror Quirrell asked "Tell me, what do you see?" I saw that he grabbed to his pocket. Did he just get the Stone from the mirror? Please don't say you have it Harry. Quirrell said "What is it? What do you see?" Harry said "I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the house cup." The creepy voice again "He lies." Quirrell shouted "Tell the truth! What do you see?!" The voice spoke again "Let me speak to him." Quirrell responded back "Master, you are not strong enough." The voice "I have strenght enough for this."

Quirrell took his turban from his head and turned to Harry. In the mirror we saw the back of Quirrells head on it was another face. It said "Harry Potter...we meet again." Harry said "Voldemort." "Yes, you see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another. A mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me...but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can. Something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket." Harry climbed the stairs I followed. Voldemort said "Stop him."

Quirrell snapped his fingers. The room was now surrounded by fire. We stepped back from the fire. Voldemort said "Don't be a fool. Why suffer an horrific death...when you can join me and live?" Harry shouted "Never!" Voldemort laughed "Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me Harry...would you like to see your mother and father again? Together...we can bring them back. All I ask is something in return." Harry took the Stone out of his pocket. "That's it Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power...and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the Stone!" Harry shouted "You liar!" Voldemort said "Kill him!"

Quirrell flew to Harry and knocked him to the ground. The Stone fell out his hands on the stairs. Quirrell tried to kill Harry, when Harry tried to free himself he came in contact with Quirrells hands. He started screaming. He backed off from Harry and said "What is this magic?" Voldemort said Fool, get the Stone!" They ran to each other. Harry planted his hands on Quirrells face. He burned away his skin until it fell down to the ground. Only dust was left.

Harry picked up the Stone from the stairs. I shouted "Harry behind you!" He turned around and he saw the ghost of Voldemort coming through him. Harry fell on the ground with the Stone in his hands. He was unconcious. The ghost was gone. I ran to Harry and used the levitation spell to get Harry out of there. On my way I saw other professors running to us. I handed Harry over and walked with them. They would bring him to the Hospital Wing.

After Harry had woken up, Ron, Hermione and I were chatting. We heard Harry and we looked down. Harry asked "All right there, Ron" "All right, you?" "All right. Hermione?" "Never better" "And you Clary?" "I've been better. But yeah, I'm alright."

We waited for the house cup results from this year. Everywere were decorations from Slytherin. They had won the house cup. Dumbledore spoke "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place with 472 points, Slytherin house." All Slytherins clapped very hard. Even Snape was clapping. Quite funny to see. Draco said "Nice one, mate." Dumbledore continued "Yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award." We all looked at Dumbledor. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect...while others were in grave peril...50 points. We all clapped for her. Harry said "Good job." "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess...that Hogwarts has seen in years, 50 points. And third to Miss. Clary Fray, for helping a good friend and help him to safety, 50 points. I was perplexed why did I get so many points? Everyone was clapping. And fourth to Mr. Harry Potter...for pure nerve and outstanding courage...I award Gryffindor house 60 points." The whole great hall was clapping for Harry. "Finally it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies...but a great deal more to stand up for you friends. I award 10 points...to Neville Longbottom. We all clapped reallg hard for Neville. He couldn't believe it. "Assuming that my calculations are correct...I believe that a change of decoration is in order." He clapped in his hands. We saw all the Slytherin decorations fade and the Gryffindors decorations showed. "Gryffindor wins the house cup." We all stood up wile clapping and screaming.

It was time to go home. Ron, Hermione and I stepped on the train. Harry waited a moment and he walked to Hagrid. He gave Harry a photo book. When he came back Hermione said "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Harry said "I'm not going home. Not really. Hagrid waved us goodbye.

We sat in a cabin together. Out of nowhere Harry asked me "Hey Clary, did you speak to your mother at Christmass?" "Yes I did. Why?" "You would ask her if our parents knew each other." "Oh yeah. She said they knew each other. They were together in Gryffindor. She said that in my strange dream you the boy was and I was leaving with my mother to somewhere. I wanted to ask further but I wasn't allowed. She said no more questions." "Clary...I see in this photobook a photo from your mother and my mother laughing together." "Is there something weird about it?" "It seems like there is a piece missing it's between my mother and your mother." "What do you mean?" "It looks like there is cut out something. But I can't see what it is. It is too vague."

The rest of the way we didn't talk much. At the platform we promised to write to each other except Ron. We would see each other after vacation. I went back to America with my mom. She was a little late. The rest already left when she came. I was looking forward to talk to Simon again in real life. I hoped I could get answers on my questions from mom.

Authors note:

Thank you all for reading my first fanfiction ever❤

I am currently working on book 2. If you want to read the story further. I would recommend to read the next book. It will begin at Clary's home.

I really love it when you all read or vote on my story. I really appreciate it❤

What will happen next? Will Clary find out the truth about who her father is? Or will it be in a book later?