8. Home

When I got home and I had unpacked my suitcase, I said to my mother that I would go to Simon. She said it was okay if I would be back for dinner. I went to Simon and ringed the bell. His mother Elaine opened the door. She saw me and said "Clary, what a surprise. That is a long time ago you were here. I call Simon for you. Simon! Will you please come downstairs." "I am coming mom!" I heard him walk down the stairs. When he saw me we looked at each other. His mother said that she would leave us alone now.

I said "Hey Simon! No long time no see. I really missed you." He said "I missed you too." We walked towards each other and then we hugged each other. We decided to go upstairs to his room to talk.

"My mother told me you went to another school. She also said that you would only be back for Christmass. She said that your mother had told her that." I asked "Did you believe her?" "No I didn't believe it. You wouldn't just go away. So I went to your mother and asked her where you were. She said that she wasn't supposed to say it but, she would explain it to me a little.

She said that you could do magic and that you would go to a school for 7 years where you would learn how to use it and try other things. Other kids like you would go to a school like that too. She explained that I would see you again at the Holidays." He sighed and then continued "I didn't believe it at first. So she showed a little bit of what she could do. I was amazed" I said "Sorry I didn't tell you. Mom told me not to tell enyone, not even you. I really wanted too." "It's okay. I understand. So, tell me how was it there?" "It was amazing. There is someone named Harry Potter he survived a killing curse from a bad wizard. He is popular in the whole wizarding world because, he is the only one who survived that curse. There are 4 houses. One of them is Gryffindor that is where I am in. Harry Potter is also in Gryffindor. I made friends with him." Simon looked really interested and asked "So you're saying your friends with one of the most popular wizards from the wizarding world? That's really awesome." "Yeah it is. He is really nice. I have also made some new friends.

One of them is Hermione she is the smartest witch from my year, then you have Ron. He is the best friend of Harry and he is also a friend of Hermione although they argue all the time. Then you have Roxy. Her parents went into hiding when that really bad wizard called Voldemort wanted to kill them. And last but not least you have Daisy. She needs to learn many things about the wizarding world because she has no magical parents. Roxy and I help her where we can.

There is also a boy named Draco he is in another house called Slyterin. He hates Harry and is mean to others who are not in Slytherin except towards me. In the beginning of the year he asked me if I wanted to be friends with him. That was before I became friends with Harry. After that day I haven't spoken a word to Draco."

Simon listened to every word I said. "Wow, that sounds really amazing. You didn't forget about me right?" I laughed "Simon, you are my best friend. Nobody can replace you. Besides we know each other since we were 6. Why would I just trow away our friendship?" "After you get back to that school will you write to me?" "Ofcourse Simon. I will write to you. You can use my owl Mia if you want to write something." "Do you have an owl?" Yes, do you wanna see when we are at my home?" "I would love to. What is the school's name?" I said it is called Hogwarts.

The rest of our time I told Simon about evertything what happened at Hogwarts. He wanted to know every detail what classes we had, where the houses are standing for, if we had to wear uniforms . Some things I kept for myself like my strange dream I had. After I had told everything he told me about everything I had missed while I was gone. He had started a band and they were looking for a good name for the band. Every week they had another name.

We decided to see each other every day before I would go back to Hogwarts. I told his mother that I was indeed at another school but, I would write many times and I would be back at the vacations. His mother said it was okay and she let the subject fall.

It was almost Chirstmass. Simon and I spended a lot of time together. One day I asked my mother "Mom?" "Yeah Clary?" "I wondered why did you that day in Diagon Alley in the café listen carefully to what they said about Harry Potter?" "Clary I wanted to know what had happened. Is that so weird?" "No, but I had a strange dream at the beginning of the year. It was about me and I was a baby. I was crying. Next to you was a woman she had red hair and she was holding a baby boy he was also crying. Next to that woman was a men with round glasses. He looked a lot like Harry. Mom is he Harry's dad?"

My mother sighed and said "Yes, he is Harry's dad." "Why didn't you never tell me you knew Harry's dad." "Because Clary it wasn't important to know. We were together in Gryffinddor. Harry's mother was also in Gryffindor. So it isn't strange that we knew each other." "But mom was that boy in that womans arms Harry?" "Yes, that boy was Harry and the woman was his mother." I knew now that my parents and Harry's parents knew each other. Still I wondered why my mother was with them. I wanted to ask it but, mom said "Enough questions Clary. It hurts to talk about them." "I understand mom. I will stop asking questions about Harry's parents." After I said that my mom walked away. I thought that is was to avoid any more questions from me.

On Christmass morning Simon, his mother, Luke, my mother and I ate together at our house. We spent all day together. We knew that my school would start soon. Every day Simon and I had we spent together. We already started saying that we would miss each other when I went back to Hogwarts.

When it was time to leave Simon helped me pack my suitcase. He stroked Mia a few times. He loved how her feather fellt. He would go with us to the airport. After that I would leave to Hogwarts and he would go back home. We hugged for the last time and said goodbye. I followed my mom into the airplane. We went on our way to Hogwarts.

Luke stayed at home. When we left I hugged him one last time. We would see each other soon. When we were at the Hogwarts Express I saw Hermione and I walked to her. She saw my mom and she waved at her. My mother waved us both goodbye when Hermione and I entered the Hogwarts Express. We both hoped that the guys had found something about Nicolas Flamel.