5. The Third-floor

They were already having lunch in the main hall when I arrived. Hermione asked whether Snape had become angry with me. I told her that he seemed to be satisfied with what I had done and the notes I made. Hereby I saw her look jealous. I laughed and said that it didn't mean that he liked me too. This seemed to reassure her and her eyes softened.

All kinds of owls suddenly came flying in with packages. I also saw Mia. She brought a package. She dropped it for me and then flew on again. It was a package from Luke. A letter was included. I first looked at the package. It had a silver chain with a round pendant with strange golden shapes on it. It contained a photo of Luke, me and my mother. Then I read Luke's letter:

Hey kiddo,

How are things at Hogwarts? I heard that you have already made friends and that you are in Gryffindor. I heard from your mother that she was also in Gryffindor.
We are both very proud of you and we hope you enjoy our gift. Do you let us know how you are doing and whether you like the lessons and teachers? I would like to know what you learn there. I didn't attend Hogwarts ofcourse. Your mother and I met a few years later.
Also do you come home for the Christmass days? Simon misses you.

With greetings from America,
Luke

After reading the letter I put on the necklace. I heard Harry and Ron talk about what happened at Gringotts. There would have been broken into a vault there. On the same day Harry and Hagrid had visited that vault. Hagrid needed what was in the vault said Harry. It was all very strange even Hermione seemed interested in the conversation.

After lunch we would get our first flying lesson. Hermione was very nervous because, she could learn anything except flying class. Mrs. Hooch was our teacher.

We first had to tell our broom to get into our hands. We had to say "Up". Harry was the first to succeed. I managed it as second and then Draco succeeded. The rest of the group struggled with it. Ron got the broom to his face. Harry laughed. I and a few others laughed too. Ron said that Harry should shut up but he didn't saw that others were laughing too. Hermione was also one of the last to get it done.

Then we were allowed to mountain it and we had to hold it tight so we won't fall off. Mrs. Hooch said that if she would blow her whistle. We had to kick off from the ground hard, we had to keep our broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly and touch back down. She counted down from 3 to 1 and whistled.

Neville was already taking off. He had no control over his broom and he flew away. Mrs. Hooch called him back, but that didn't work.

His broom hit a wall and it started spinning. He ended up hanging on things and he fell slowly down to the ground. When he was lying down. Mrs. Hooch went to him. She looked and muttered that he had broken his wrist.

I saw that Draco picked up the Remembrall from Neville, he got it from the package at lunch. If the ball glowed red, it meant he had forgotten something.

Mrs. Hooch stood up and told us that she would go to the hospital wing with Neville. We all had to stay on the ground. If she saw a single broom in the air than he would be out of Hogwarts before he could say Quiditch. With that said she walked away.

Draco moved forward with the Remembrall and said "Did you see his face? If he had given this a squeeze, he wouldn't probably fly of so fast."
Harry came also forward and said "Give it here Malfoy." Draco turned to Harry and said "No. I think I leave it somewhere else for Longbottom to find it." He went flying on his broom in the air. He provoked Harry. Harry couldn't handle it and wanted to go after Draco. He took his broom. Hermione stepped forward and told him not to do it and that he didn't even know how to fly. He didn't listen to her and he flew to Draco. Hermione said "What an idiot." I agreed with her, although it is kind of thrilling to do something you are not allowed to do. I just hoped it would end well.