All The Right Moves- Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Drew

I had been with Ethan every day at his law firm helping him out with his sports agency sector. This had kept my mind off everything yet every day I felt more and more anxious with the unresolved matter.

It had been a week since Charlie and I had our argument.

Every time I would try and talk to her, she refused to utter a word.

The silence was killing me.

I couldn't bear it a second longer.

Knowing I would have to talk to her now for the sake of my sanity, she would most likely kill me for it, but I didn't care.

I needed to fix this and I needed to fix this now.

"Hey Blake. Where's Charlie?" I asked as I walked in the kitchen.

"She's been at the office." Blake responding pouring her a glass of orange juice.

"She's giving you the silent treatment too?" I asked sitting on the barstool across from her.

She sighed, "Yes and no. She's not upset with me but she's very quiet in general. I feel awful for her, I don't want her thinking that we are hiding her life from her."

Nodding in agreement I spoke, "Knowing Charlie, that's probably what she is thinking. But we know that's not the case and once we tell her, she will believe it."

"But will she though? Drew, we hadn't told her about two major life events for her. That's huge. How the hell is she going to trust us now?" She asked concerned.

"Because we are her best friends at the end of the day. It's instinct, and she of all people can't fight that." I responded.

My faith in her was stronger. Stronger than anything else.

I knew she would eventually come around.

"I just need to speak with her, talk to her about everything." I told Blake while running my hands through my hair.

"Then let's talk," I heard Charlie say walking into the kitchen.

I turned my head to see her.

She looked absolutely flawless.

Wearing just a black tight work dress with heels and a coat, she looked like Boss Charlie who hadn't missed a day in the office.

I felt my jaw clench.

"Come on," She stated walking outside the door to what I assumed was the guest house.

Following suit, we didn't utter a word until we reached the couch.

She took of her coat and shoes and sat on the couch with the legs propped to the side and her head resting on her elbow.

She looked stressed yet torn, as if she was thinking too much.

"I've missed you so much Tiger-"

"Drew I said let's talk about the issue, not sweet talk me." She stated firmly.

She was not having it.

I felt a knot building in my throat, sensing that this conversation wasn't going to be easy.

I sat down beside her and realized that touching her in any way would make matters worse.

I sighed and rested my head in my hands.

"We fell in love without even trying. In the utmost unexpected way and time for us." I started.

Wanting to look at her for the rest of conversation, I fixated my gaze to look at her, not once leaving eye contact.