All The Right Moves- Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Charlie

And in just three days, I found myself in the exact same position I was a week ago. Confused, needing answers, yet slightly afraid of what those answers consisted of.

What I knew I needed to do was to visit my work and so convincing Blake and Drew to take me to the office had been difficult.

I easily would've taken myself yet I had no idea how to get there.

I couldn't even remember where I worked.

How ridiculous.

"You ready?" Drew asked just as we stepped out of the car.

Nodding, I knew this would be weird for me.

I had just gotten my phone in the mail this morning and my phone blew up with messages from Kenna whom Blake had told me was my personal assistant.

I had a personal assistant.

What in the world.

"Kenna and Blake have been handling everything so don't feel stressed or overwhelmed in any way. They've got everything under control and this is just for you to kind of –" Drew spoke before I interrupted.

"To remember?" I said finishing his sentence.

Nodding solemnly I knew he felt that it was awkward to bring up.

"I sure hope so," I stated. There was nothing more that I wanted to do than to remember and the more days that passed I wanted more answers, not feeling fearful as I used to.

"You lead the way," I added waiting for him to usher us into the building.

Heading to the top floor, I was instantly greeted by the front desk.

"It's good to see you again Boss! Hope you are doing well. A blonde lady stated handing me a cup of coffee.

"Extra foam, just how you like it." She said handing me a coffee.

Confused, I took the coffee and thanked her.

"We're just going to walk around, have Charlie try and familiarize with the office. I'll let you know if we need anything, thanks Kenna." Drew said to the sweet lady.

"Ah, you're Kenna! Thank you for your texts and for checking up on me." I said shooting her a genuine smile.

I received one every day from her and believed that we were to be close before my accident.

According to Drew, she had visited me every day at the hospital.

I was aware that there were relationships I must have hated but I felt it in my heart that what I had with her was genuine.

Looking at Drew he nodded, answering my unspoken question.

I could trust her.

"You're welcome!" She responded cheerfully.

Tugging on my hand, Drew led us down the hall and showed me around.

Reaching to a room in the corner, he opened the door.

Stepping in front of him I walked inside the room and looked around what I assumed was my office.

Nodding in approval, I had some impeccable taste.

Very modern yet airy.

Sitting in the main chair I spun around in it.

Hearing Drew chuckle, I stopped the spinning and faced him.