Chapter 1

Beep beep beep. "Uhh what is that", I groan, " Oh. God! It's already 8!" I have to meet Chloe before school starts, at 8:30. My name's Sandra. I'm 17 years old, and I'm in grade 12. I'm an only child and I like it that way. My dad died when I was 11 years old, and since then it's just been me and my mum.
"Sandra it's 8:10!! You can't be late on your first day of school! Hurry up!", my mum yells.
"I'm getting up mum!" I reply. I walk to my closet and throw on a random t-shirt and a pair of jeans, I look at the time 8:15, I don't have much time left to brush, the walk to school takes about 10 minutes. I run to the bathroom and gargle some mouthwash, and then spit it out. I tie my hair in a bun and carefully apply my baby lips, I never forget my baby lips. One last check in the mirror and I rush down the stairs.
"Morning Sandra" croaks mum.
"Why's your voice like that?" I ask, and she responds with one of her are you serious looks.
"Who's to blame?! You of course, making me scream so early in the morning".
I give her one of my adorable puppy dog faces, and I can see her expression softening.
"Just go" she tells me, and hands me my lunch.
"Love you mum" I smile, and grab the brown paper bag and run out the door. As I'm walking I see a moving truck in front of the house beside us. Someone must finally be moving in there. The house is about the same size as ours. We live in a rich neighbourhood. My mum always wanted to have 5 kids, so my parents got a huge house, making sure that it was in a family friendly neighbourhood, but by the time my dad died she had only had one child, me, and she didn't want to marry anyone else, so me and my mom have been living in this big house all by ourselves. By the time I get to school it's exactly 8:30. I see Chloe standing, waiting at the front of the school. I walk up to go meet her but then I bump into someone, and we both tumble back on the floor.
"Aww" the person groans in a deep masculine voice. I look up and my eyes meet with his. Uh oh, I can feel my insides melt as I stare into his grey greenish eyes that match his dark green shirt. His brown curly hair is the kind that's kinda messy but in an attractive way. My eyes divert to his muscular bicep as he's leaning down on his forearm. Then I look to the right side of his collarbone where a beautiful rose is tattooed. He stumbles and gets up dusting his clothing. I quickly stand up too so I don't seem like a creep.
"I'm so sorry, I..."
"Watch where you're going." he glares, and walks away. What the hell just happened?