Chapter 1

Even before Camilla woke up she knew something was going to change. At first she didn't notice anything different from the time she woke up, to see the lone bird in its nest outside her window, to the time she was leaving her home. 

                She felt the same, but for some reason something was different. She looked down to the package in her arms. It was a medium sized one, decorated in red wrapping paper with yellow polka dots, and a sliver bow in a neat pile on top. She shrugged her shoulders and walked out the door. But before she left she looked at her parent's picture and blew a kiss to it.

                "Wish me luck today." Even though no response followed, she was satisfied. It's been a little over ten years since her parents were killed in a car accident. She should have lost her life in it too but all she has to remember that day is a small scar on her right shoulder.

                Camilla would have gone into a deep depression if it hadn't been for her Aunt and Uncle. As soon as they heard what had happened to her parents they were down their ready to take care of her. They've been nothing but caring and supportive since then. She couldn't wish for better guardians.

                Speaking of guardians they were going to call her in a few minutes to wish her a safe day. Her Uncle would call her first to tell her good morning then to tell her to call him if she needed anything no matter the time. She would smile and tell him to rest after a long night on the job. He would tell her he's serious and she’d have to reassure him she would. 

                Not long after that her Aunt would text her as she got to work. She'd tell Camilla what she's making for dinner then ask what she'd like for the side. Her Aunt would ask her after her Uncle decided if he wanted to pick the side or the desert. But her Uncle is known for his sweet tooth, so they all knew what he'd decided on. This routine has been going on for the last eight years. Life was normal and safe for Camilla but soon things were going to change....big time.

****

                Camilla walked to her usual spot at lunch with the box behind her box. She smiled and nodded hello to the people around her. When she spotted the wavy white hair she walked quietly until she was next to her. 

                "Happy Birthday Eres!" She held out the box with a smile. Eres gasped and jumped up. She hugged Camilla tight. 

                "Aw Camilla! Thank you!" She took the present and tested its weight. "Hey is it something I can break?"

                "I don't...think so." As soon as Camilla said don't Eres was shaking the box like a maraca. Camilla started to laugh then sat down.

                "It's something light...its compacted in the box....."

                "Just open it." Camilla picked up an apple off the table and took a bit of it. Eres didn't waste any time. Wrapping paper flew all over the place. Camilla sighed and put the apple down. She started picking up the trash. By the time she came back from throwing it away Eres was spinning with her new dress pressed against her.

                "Aw! This is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen!" Eres held it to the sunlight, millions of shards danced across the table as they relaxed off the dress. The light purple of the dress enhanced Eres purple eyes to a darker shade. Eres went over to Camilla and hugged her again.

                "Thank you! Thank you!"

                "I'm glad you like it." Camilla sat down and continued to eat her apple.