Chapter 16

Marciano showered and got dressed before Camilla even woke up the next morning. He didn’t get much sleep last night. Her words kept repeating themselves in his head and he couldn’t understand if he should but happy or upset with them. Part of him was over joyed and another part was troubled by them.

“How did things get so complicated?”

“Are you okay?” Camilla sat up in bed and looked at him. Marciano gulped as she rubbed her eyes. He was reminded of when they were in the motel room a week ago and she had nothing on but that sheet falling down her body.

“No I’m not.” He shook his head and tried to get everything off his mind. He was so lost in thought he didn’t even notice Camilla was in front of him till her hand touched his forehead.

“Do you feel sick?”

“I’m fine.”

“You just said-.”

“I said I’m fine!” Camilla drew her hand away from him and nodded. Marciano automatically regretted yelling at her.

“Camilla-.”

“I need to get dressed and shower before we head over to your families. I’ll be about fifteen minutes.” She went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Marciano mentally kicked himself for his stupid mistake.  He was trying to figure a way to make it up to her when she came out.

“Ready?”

“Camilla I’m sorry for yelling at you-.”

“Don’t apologize. I over stepped our boundary’s earlier. Anyway I have cash in my suit case we can go buy something to eat before getting to your families.”

“We don’t need to buy anything they love to feed people. It’s an Italian thing.” She nodded.

“Okay. When you’re ready.” She turned to leave the room when he grabbed her hand.

“Don’t close off from me Camilla. I didn’t mean to yell at you.”

“I know.” He saw understanding in her face.

“Then why are you so…” She gave him a small smile.

“I’m giving you space.”

“I don’t like it.” Camilla laughed at his grumble. She went on her tip toes and gave him a long kiss.

“Better?” he growled and pulled her in his arms and deepened the kiss. Camilla tightened her arms around his neck. She broke the kiss and turned her head.

“We better get going.”

“Don’t do that again.”

“I might again. Just depends on the situation.” He was about to say something when she put a finger to his lips.

“Or if I’m mad at you.”

“Forget it, you’re going to be ignoring me for the rest of our lives.” Camilla didn’t let her face show any joy at his words. They might have just been a slip of the tongue but they were something that gave her hope. Marciano didn’t seem like he realized what he said so she didn’t mention it.

“Ready?”

“I’ve been ready for a while now Sir.”

“I thought I was Master.”

“Only with homework.” He chuckled and they left to his family’s house. Camilla was worried they were going to wake up the family but Marciano dragged her into the house with a loud greeting to a very lively house.