Four

Fifth grade.

As soon as I got inside of our classroom, I immediately look for Jennie.

She was at the front talking with her friends. Laughing. She got a pretty smile, her gummy smile. Pretty laugh, it's contagious. I feel myself smiling.

And I can't deny it, she's pretty too.

Our teacher  walked in. People inside of the room scrambled getting onto their respective seats.

Jennie is my seat mate.

"Hey Dumpling, can I borrow your notebook?" I asked once she's already on her seat.

She sigh, turning on her left side and then facing me. I was wearing a stupid grin.

"No." She plainly said.

"What? Why?"

She didn't answer back.

"Dumpling, c'mon."

"Lisa, can you stop calling me names? And I already said no." She said rolling her cat like eyes.

"And I ask you why."

"Whatever."

"Uhm, Jen? Can I borrow a pen? I can't find mine." A voice suddenly interrupted our nonsense conversation.

I look at the back of her chair. And there sitting was V. Asking for a pen. Asking Jennie Kim. He moved last school year and we hit it off together immediately. So, I guess we're pretty close friends.

"Oh, sure Tae." Jennie looks at him and blushed. Why did her cheeks flush?

His name is Taehyung. But everyone calls him V.

She gave him a nickname?

They are on nickname basis now?

Since when are they close?

I don't know.

I don't like it.

And right now I'm reconsidering my friendship with V.

She was about to hand him a pen when I cleared my throat pretty loudly.

They both look at me.

"You can have my extra V, no need to disturb this mandu." I said giving him my pen.

"Thanks, M."

"And thanks anyway Jen." He said smiling at her.

"Yeah, no problem Tae." She replied.

"Dumpling, so your notebook? Can I have it now?" I asked.

"Lisa, if you haven't noticed I wasn't present yesterday so there are no notes for you to copy. You should take your own notes instead of always copying mine." She said rolling her eyes again.

"Are you done talking? Can you give me your notebook now?"

"Ugghh! You monkey! I just told yo-"

"Shhh, I know. I heard you and I don't care, now give me your notebook." I said.

"You know what. Fine. Here." She huffed, passing her notebook to me. Looking pissed and annoyed

Annoying her will always be the highlight of my day. I thought while smiling.

"Idiot." I heard Jennie whisper while looking at me.

Though, I don't know why I was bothered with her interaction with V. Taehyung and I, we're friends, but Jennie and I, I don't actually know.