Chapter 30

*previously*

  I smiled and pulled down my hood, and leaned in, watching him intensely. His eyes met mine as I put my hands together, and looked down at the few papers he handed me.

  "Whatever you say..."

"Hayden."

___1st Person POV______________________

  I watched the TV screen as he pulled up a map of Gotham,

"Right now, these are the 'territories' that the villains have seemed to set up

"Right now, these are the 'territories' that the villains have seemed to set up. According to Shadow's data he collected over the past few weeks, these are the outlines of them," I scanned over the map, analyzing the areas that seemed to be blank. There wasn't much in those territories, but they were up for grabs.

  Of course I glanced over dad's so-called 'territory', which was just Arkham Asylum. It wasn't much of a territory, just a place where he takes villains. That's all, nothing more. No, I'm not judging him, but dad doesn't exactly have a territory, he works everywhere in Gotham, not just Arkham, but I'm not going to tell --- that so he'll change the map.

   In all honesty, Hayden seemed to hate Batman. Not Bruce Wayne, just Batman. He was on the side of 'Shadow', or Liam. I haven't seen Liam in weeks, since when he took me to the hospital (Court of Owls). I've been avoiding him as much as I could, but Hayden came to me and confessed that he was the famous weird, nerdy, vigilante "Ace". Then once he confessed that to me, he told me everything he knew about me; the Lazarus in me, the powers I have, and how I was with both Scarecrow and the Court.

  He didn't seem to know that Bruce was Batman, who was my father quite yet, and I want to keep it like that. The way that Hayden talks about Batman worries me. He hates him with a big burning passion, which is why I'll never mention him to Hayden. If he found out that I was related to Batman in a way, or was associated with him, who knows what would happen to me.

  "So what do we do?" I shrugged my shoulders, and leaned back in the chair, putting my feet up on the table. He seemed to shake his head at my action, and I could tell he was about to tell me off, but he went on with the plan,

  "Well our goal is to take them all down, and with us knowing their whereabouts and knowing where their territories lie. It makes it easier for us to take them over, and shut them down."

   I rolled my eyes and sighed,

  "Well duh, I know the plan, I'm not stupid. I'm just saying, what do we do first, dumb*ss."

   He seemed to narrow his eyes at me and cross his arms, "Don't call me that."

  "It's been a long day, I can call you whatever I want." I looked back to the TV screen that still had the map up there, "Now let's get going, I don't have much time,"