Chapter 36

*previously*

I grunted as I used every ounce of energy I had to push myself up to the top. I had to escape here and get to the Joker.

I needed to know what he did to me and my mind. I wanted answers to it.

I need to know the truth

___________________

!!Quick warning: Mention of blood/gore/depression is in the chapter (briefly)!!

You may continue

________1st Person POV_________________

"Get the hell out of my head!!" I screamed as I threw up my fists against my head.

I didn't make it far from the hospital before I got a splitting headache along with that obnoxious laugh ringing in my ears. His voice echoed throughout my mind as I tried to fly, making it difficult to even move my body.

I looked down at my shaky hands, seeing that they were a slight paler color in the midnight moonlight.

"W-What the hell...?" I whispered out as I blinked a few times. My breathe was shaky and uneven as I felt slight panic sink in.

I quickly grabbed my phone, my hands struggling to get it through the shakiness to grasp it. I pulled it out of my pocket, and frantically swiped to my camera. The little icon opened up, and as soon as the soft glow faded to match the scenery around me, I dropped my phone.

In a panic, I took a few steps back, my back hitting the cold, hard brick wall behind me. I was shaking, my whole body feeling numb as tears came to my eyes. My hands came up to my dark locks, grabbing them with a weak force. My chest fell up and down at a fast pace as I was hyperventilating.

My skin...my eyes...my hair... It didn't look like me.

My eyes went up to the sky as I saw a soft faded light come through the clouds. It was the Batsignal.

The boys...sh*t...

Dropping my eyes back down, I stared at my phone, my hands still grabbing at my hair and tears were still at the surface.

I could hear the low sound of sirens in the distance, along with yelling, but I wasn't focused on those noises. I was focused on the ringing my phone made, and the monster I saw on my phone.

But...that monster... It was me.

With hair that was prickling with white streaks to skin as pale and gray as concrete. It was me.

Terrifying to me; bringing tears to my once green and blue, now paled out emerald eyes. I didn't want to look like this. This wasn't me. Whatever this is will never be who I am, and I don't want it to be.

Standing up, my breathing evened a little as I looked around the small alleyway I was in. I spotted a nearby shattered glass bottle that lied in the center of the alleyway. I stared at it, my tears falling from my eyes finally.

I don't want to be this...

I walked over to it, and picked up a piece of the glass. I let it sit in my hand, looking at the reflection in it, seeing that the sky was no longer lit up. It was dark, colorless, there wasn't a single speck of light that dusted the smoky sky. It was as if nothing else existed in the world. The darkness, quietness; it was all empty to me.