VII

*brooowr*

*Shuffle* *shuffle*

*Guurgle*

"Aggggh! My stomach won't shut up, I just want to sleep." An exasperated Toby whined at his own hunger. "Food can wait" he whispers to his belly.

"Blasphemy"

He shot up, fully awake, to see ghoul sharpening spears she had next to the food supply. Peter and Akash still laid fast asleep, despite the protests of their own stomachs.

"Wake the others. We eat different tonight."

A bit puzzled by her response, he wakes them up to get ready for some new thing Ghoul had in store.

After locking up and securing their new quarters the group headed towards a small building with a flat cement roof. Ghoul had led the group to the side of the building near an old fire escape.

"Are you sure this is safe Ghoul?"

"Stay here if scared. I fine alone. Not be long on roof."

She began making her way up the stairs but was visibly having a bit of trouble. The stairs were uneven and rusted, her legs weren't used to this motion. Suddenly, she felt herself being lifted and placed on a hip. She tensed and snarled, alarmed by the manhandling.

"Shh. I'll carry you, let's keep your legs safe from these gross steps ok." Akash spoke slowly and calmly, and Ghoul relaxed at his words."

"Ghoul dense. Kaush lungs weak. Put down if heavy Kaush"

Akash chuckled, "Sure thing". Ghoul snorted and looked behind them as they ascended, her pup and pale ones were slowly following behind. Toby was grumbling at how bad the stairs were.

His grumbling stopped as soon as they reached the top. There were a few rows of crates filled with small vegetation and fruits.

They munched on their meat free dinner in peaceful silence watching the sunset. Ghoul was still tucked in Akash's side, but made no complaints. She secretly liked the feeling and to hear a heartbeat...one she wasn't trying to rip out and eat.

"Different meal is for human. Meat is not enough. Must also release waste. I will keep to grow more."

Peter choked on a berry, eyes widened looking at Ghoul. "Um...where are we to um release waste". Ghoul pointed down, referencing the lower floors.

"Use empty buckets and leave them. Clean rags use. Leave in bucket."

"O ok, thanks. What if we need the bathroom near safety?", asked Akash.

"I show you back in den."

....................

As they headed back, Toby and Peter hung back talking.

"So what'd you think about today? I don't think we've ever been so relaxed around her."

"Today was a good day in my opinion. She's more comfortable around us and vice versa and there were no crazy beasts to ruin it."

"And I like seeing her accept Akash's affection. That's his way of showing he cares and I'm glad he finally was able to...do you think she likes him?"

"Idk Petey, but I wouldn't mind. I like her and how we finally feel safe with her. I'm tired of always being on edge and Akash taking everything on himself."

"Yea, same here. I feel happy."

Unbeknownst to them, Ghoul heard their entire little conversation.

They forget I beast as well....but I like how weight on chest not there with them. My pack so slow. I said they my pack, why they still ask questions.

Ghoul grumbled as she snuggled into her Kaush's neck more. She decided she'll address that tomorrow. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well here's Part VII as promised 😊
Remember to Vote and Comment guys♥️

Also if you see any mistakes in spelling or grammar pls let me know and I'll fix them right away. Thanks in advance.

Until next time✌️