Chapter 7: When Do I start?

The next day, I felt like crap after basketball practice, I heard my doorbell ring. It was Coach Thunder (My basketball coach). "Hey coach, what are you doing here?" I asked in the nicest way possible.

"I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't be nervous." He said. "For what?" I asked. "Our first game, it is nex week you know." Yes I know." I said. "There is no reason I should be nervous, I'm really excited!!" I said. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Because you don't have to start if you don't want to."It's almost like he didn't want me to start. That makes sense because his son and I had a battle for the starting position.

He gave me some plays and told me to study them, all it was was a motion offense, with V cuts and pick and rolls, nothing to special. For defense it was a 2-3 zone, which the best defense in my opinion.

An hour later I went to shoot hoops, then found sylvia shooting hoops too. We shot for a while not a word being said. Finally she says"Nice shot." Then I sad "Thanks." That was it.

She left a little bit before me, I shot for about 3 hours then decided to go home. Once I got home I did my homework, did the dishes, then something terrifying happened.

I looked on the news and saw that I was predicted to be player of the year! That may not seem scary to you, but in my life, as a freshman, that is really scary. You don't understand how big this will be if I get it! I will get scholarships, scouts looking out for me, and best of all, girls!!

Then I changed the channel and went to make my supper, I came back took a drank of my coke, and saw something even more terrifying.