Changes

The door was opened and a single switch lit up the room. Atsushi groaned as he tried to adjust his eyes to the new brightness. It was early in the morning and Tanizaki has come to bring him breakfast.

Atsushi felt himself feeling better. He didn't know exactly when he dozed off, but he did and he felt good about it. He could faintly feel throbs in his head, but the door squeaking open helped brush it off his mind.

"Good morning," Tanizaki closed the door and approached the bed.

"Morning..." Atsushi moaned weakly, getting up to sitting position just fine.

Tanizaki smiled, "It seems you got better."

"Yeah. I managed to sleep last night and now I feel great!" After stretching a bit, Atsushi hopped off the bed and took the plate from Tanizaki's hands, thanked him briefly, and playfully place a piece of meat in his mouth.

"Glad you have the appetite..." a suspicious feeling grew in Tanizaki but he brushed it off.

"Look who is awake!" Dazai's head popped inside the door, darting the boy with his mischievous eyes. Atsushi watched Dazai waltzed in the room, shoved Tanizaki off his place and claimed it his own. He then bent down to Atsushi's height. "Have enough sleep, Atsushi-kun?"

Atsushi furrowed his eyebrows, doesn't really know what to say as a reply. Instead, he kept chewing like no conversation ever happened.

"How are you feeling, Atsushi-kun?" Dazai kept his cheerful attitude, but more annoying this time.

Again, ignored.

"Answer me, Atsushi-kun. You're making this poor man sad." Dazai fake-cried dramatically.

A comical vein popped from Atsushi's head, introducing his slowly rising anger. Between chewing and ignoring Dazai, he growled, "So be it. Get lost, you bandaged piece of annoyance."

Suddenly creeped out, Dazai and Tanizaki stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the still eating tiger boy for a while.

Atsushi stared at them for a while and jolted up, realizing his misbehaviour. He took several steps backwards and sat back down on the bed. "I'm sorry, Dazai-san. I must be very tired." he apologized sincerely. Dazai only smirked, making Atsushi wonder if the man is being too forgiving or has an evil plan in mind. Atsushi shook the thoughts off his head.

"Are you feeling okay now? Do you think you need to skip work today?" Tanizaki asked. His tone sounding more concerned.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I'll get ready now." Atsushi tiredly held his head and got off the bed once more.

It didn't take long for Atsushi to finish taking a bath, cleaning his hair, and dry off. As he dried his hair with the towel, he walked over to a mirror and saw his own reflection stare back. He then noticed how his hair was even darker than how it was. Silver was now more of a shade of gray.

He ruffled his own hair in disbelief, twisting and turning to see himself from different angles. He then noticed his eyes. Under the purple shade of his eyes was more golden than yellow.

Just what did he do to me...? Atsushi gulped.

Atsushi got himself fully dressed in his normal clothes and headed to the office. Everyone was already there when he arrived and all eyes dropped on him. Kunikida was the first to stop typing and stood up. He walked over to the boy standing by the door while everyone else stayed there silent. Atsushi started to feel uncomfortable, trying to figure out what he did wrong now. Is it because he was careless and got himself kidnapped? Is it because he was late for work? Why isn't anybody saying anything? Finally, the stiff man stood there, right in front of Atsushi.