Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Steve guides me into a peculiar room. The room is very dark, the only light coming from the center of the room. It is very cold and I shiver as I enter. Steve rubs my back encouragingly and escorts me to a metal chair. I sit down and take the room in. The dark room is round and all metal. All the computes and security cameras line the outside and everything seems to circle around the middle. I can see why. In the center of the room is a small sized circular cell with walls of glass, allowing outsiders to look inside. My chair is about seven feet back from the glass and I seem to be staring a someone’s back. Its obviously a man, around six feet or so and he seems to be wearing a suit similar to Thor’s only it was green and not as loud. He had midnight black hair that was slicked back and it reached his shoulders. I look over to my left, where on the other side of the room, the Avengers and Fury were standing. "Loki." Fury says in an emotionless voice. Loki’s head shoots up, and he turns around so he’s facing us. Dear. God. I seem to be transfixed, for I am staring at the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes upon. His complection was flawless and his skin was as white as snow. He had a wonderful rain drop face with angles so sharp I could cut myself. Hollow cheeks, not in an unhealthy way, and they seemed to define his strong jaw and smooth mouth that I was so tempted to touch. His straight nose seemed to be perfect, and his almond shaped eyes seemed like round saucers on his ivory face. But it wasn’t the shape of them that stopped my heart from beating, but the breath taking colour. I gaze into his eyes only to find myself taken to a new world. Blue. Startlingly blue. They were beyond any shade I had ever seen. The color of the sky mixed with the ocean. But if anything they were cold. Like ice. Ice blue? Is that a shade? It didn’t matter. They swept me away to a different place. I was in a trance. I have forgotten all about the world and everyone in it. Loki cocked his head to the side and stared at me. My body tingles under his stare. I try to pull my gaze away but I cant. "How’s it going reindeer games?" Tony’s voice seems to shake me from my trance. I shake my head at bit, trying to clear my head. Loki sees this and smiles. My blood turns to ice and my breath is once again snatched. His smile reveals two rows of pearly white teeth and crinkles in the corner of his ice blue eyes. Im going to faint. "Stay awake damn it!" my voice says bringing me back once again to reality. I need to keep it together. "Hello again." Loki said. I shiver at his voice. It was like velvet or like water flowing over pebbles. He could say the most vicious things in the world and it would come out sounding like music. "How’s the cell working for you?" Steve asks. Im surprised. I used to love the sound of Steve’s voice, but now it just seemed dull....

"It’s an impressive cage" Loki answers in an amused tone "not built I think, for me." Hawk eye rolls his eyes. " Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury retorts. "Ohhh I’ve heard" Loki says with an evil smile and turns his head to Banner. "The mindless beast, makes play he’s still a man. How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki questions Fury, his voice still coming out like a song. "How desperate am I?" Fury asks, the anger rising in his voice "you threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can’t hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill cuz its fun. You have made me very desperate, you might not be glad that you did." Fury spits back. The tension in this room is growing by the second. "Ohhhhh." Loki says in a mocking manner that heated my skin. "It burns you to have come so close." he whispers just loud enough for me and Fury, who was now standing in front of him, to hear. Loki and Fury stare at each other, neither of them backing down. Alpha male. Check. "To have the Tesseract, to have power. Unlimited power. And for what?" Loki smiles once again, the pounding in my heart steadily growing louder. "A war line for all man kind to share?" Loki continues, his confidence rapidly growing. Suddenly his porcelain face becomes dangerous and fear is instilled in me. "And then to be reminded what real power is." he states in a cold, dark voice. Silence fills the chamber and all of us hold our breath and stare at Fury. Fury’s face doesn’t change, if anything I would say amusement creeps in. Fury turns and beckons us to follow him. "Well let me know if real power wants a magazine or something." Fury chuckles. The Avengers follow calmly after him. I stand my legs feeling like lead. I turn and walk away, my back feeling warm. I turn hesitantly around and look at Loki. He’s staring at me and smiles making me light headed and he wiggles his fingers in a playful wave. I can’t breathe. "Move you idiot!" my little voice tells me harshly. I snap back and force myself to look away back to the door and I clumsily stumble out, and I swear I can hear his chilling chuckle.