Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It's like being on another planet. I guess there is no other way I can describe this ship. Myself and the two avengers make our way through long, shiny corridors to find ourselves in what I assume is the main control room. My mind has started racing, going into over drive. This room was beyond huge. The room was circular and very spacious, futuristic almost. Large, high tech computers filled the space up, agents with bizarre head pieces working at them. At the front, a massive window stretches from the roof down, and all along the front of the ship.

The sky is much darker now, as we climb up, white fluffy clouds skim above our heads. I look at my watch. "Wow eight o’ clock already?" whispered Steve behind me. Wow, it was getting late. My eye lids suddenly felt heavy. " I guess we should show you to your room Mason." Said deep voice behind me. Nick Fury. I breathe deeply in an attempt to seem composed in front of the tall, scary man. Even with one eye he manages to still stare me down. Fury was dressed in his usual outfit. The large, bald, man was wearing a black uniform with an all black trench coat. I can see the black eye patch over his right eye matches as well. His dark chocolate skin seems to blend in with his attire. "Come with me Mason." Fury says in his deep, emotionless voice, and he begins to walk out of the room. I turn quickly to Steve and Bruce to say goodnight, then I chase after Fury who doesn’t seem to want to wait for me.

‘Man he walks fast.’ I think to myself as I follow Fury through what seems to be a dozen, plain halls. Fury finally slows his pace, and stops in front of two, solid looking brown doors. He takes the handle and opens them, stepping inside. Cautiously, I follow him, only to yet again have my breathe taken away. The room was beautiful. Upon entering, im greeted by a very large window just like the one in the control room. Only this room is much smaller and square. On the left and right, big bookshelves line the dark brown walls. In the center of the room is a fluffy white carpet, two couches facing each other and a mahogany coffee table separating them. Behind the seating area, right in front of the colossal window that seems to take up the entire room, is a spotless, brown desk that already seems to have my laptop on it, along with other things I kept on my desk back home. "This will be your office and your sleeping quarters." Fury says, his back to me. "You will have your breakfast brought to you at eight o’clock, and sessions with patients will begin at nine. Don’t worry, with everyone so busy you probably won’t have many, so I guess you will have a lot of free time on your hands." he stated to me. I looked around the room for my bags and my bed but they were nowhere to be seen in this immaculate room. Just as Im about to ask Fury cut me off, guessing what I was going to say. "Behind you to the left, in the corner is a door. That’s your bathroom. Your closet is inside. We took the liberty of filling your closet up with some work clothes. Your bags are also in the closet. As for your bed, im afraid this’ he said, pointing to the comfy looking, brown leather couch on the right ‘is your bed. It pulls out. Just move the table and click the button under the arm rest. Now get some sleep. We will see you in the morning." he said as he turned to leave.

"Goodnight sir." I said as he left the room and shut the door behind him. I sigh and looked around the room again, doing my best to take it all in. ‘Wow my own office! A space all to my own to sleep and eat and work! Wait did he say closet?’ I turn and ran full speed to the door, but not before slamming into it. "Ow crap!" I yell. I take the handle again and throw the door open only to find myself greeted by what I will now be calling the Taj Mahal of bathrooms. This bathroom was my new home. The polished, peach colored marble floors felt cool under my feet even in my flats. I walk into the bathroom in amazement, looking at my new tub, which I swear looked the size of a pool. I sprint over to it eagerly, climb up the three steps that led up, then I sit down. This tub! Right on the wall was a box with control settings. I could have jets, lights, bubble baths, salts and lotions! Is it wrong to be in love with a tub? I sit looking around this spectacular room. Next to the tub is a shower with glass windows and more colorful lights. My counter with my sink stretched across the room along with the mirror. In the reflection of the mirror I can see two more double doors that had to be my closet. I fling myself from the tub, but I end up catching my foot and face planting on the floor. Pain shoots through me but I propel myself up again, regaining myself and thanking god nobody was here to see that. I stumble over to the closet and throw the doors open.

This closet looked like a corridor to itself. Both walls are full of many different outfits from shirts to dresses. Its like a boutique all to itself. ‘They bought me clothes. Best gig ever!’I thought. Then I suddenly imagine Fury picking out clothes for me in Stitches. Moments' gone. I walk into my shopping mall over to the far wall and kneel down next to my dark blue luggage and began to unpack., digging through my clothes for my pajamas. I change into old flannel tartan pants and an even older t-shirt.

Grabbing my bag of products and made my way over to the sink. I brush and floss my teeth, gagging as I did. Mouth things always grossed me out. I then splash cold water on my face and take some deep breaths.

I suddenly have violent flashbacks to that night. I saw Harry coming at me with the sharp, wooden stake, missing me by just inches. Instead of me he hits the electrical box and I run for cover under my table just to see sparks fly and land over my apartment. The sparks erupt and turn into flames that engulf Harry and my lovely apartment. He screams in agony, begging me to help him but its too late...

I grab the bathroom counter tightly as I come back to reality. Im shaking again with fear. Fear. I hate how I can lose control and be taken over by it. I splash more cold water on my face and then head out of the bathroom clumsily over to the couch. I search the couch for the button until my finger connects with it under the arm rest. I quickly move the coffee table and press the small button. Silently the couch transforms from under the cushions and becomes a nice looking bed with a soft looking, golden quilt. I pull back the gold quilt only to reveal royal blue sheets that feel light as air. I climb into the bed on the mattress that feels like a cloud. I make myself comfortable and pull the blankets up around my head, trying to block out the world, scared to be alone with my thoughts.

Author's note

__________________________________________________________________________

Alright kids thats my second chapter. I hoped you like it. so for some futher notes i would like to imform anyone that if you have any stories you want read i would be more than happy to read them, a read for a read and all. so please comment and let me know what you think. i like honesty so it doesn't matter if you dont like it. please dont hesitate to inform me. anyway you can email me at any time at SnnyBunnyBean@hotmail.com or follow me on twitter @WattPadGirl23. thanks for reading!