Chapter 23

Regular P.O.V.

Dismounting the chestnut mare you look around the stables, happy to find ash nowhere in sight. Your head was still spinning with the advice from Charlotte- an old friend who you had gone to see. You guys had been friends for years and she was only slightly afraid of the assassin side of you, but she was still as charming as ever and gave you much needed advice.

“Demond” you say grabbing a hold of the horses reins. “Can you take care of the horse for me?” you loosely tie the horse to a post before walking away, knowing the stable hand would look after him. You hear demond grunt a reply before stumbling out of a stall he had been cleaning. 

The castle was tinted yellow as the sun dipped closer to the horizon and it somehow made you feel more worried, you still didn’t know if you were going to ruin this night or not. Then again, it wasn’t up to you. You push the door open and step back when you nearly collide with Blake.

“Hey ___.” Blake says, smiling. “Where were you all day, we couldn’t find you.” He says, motioning behind him to cam and ash.

“Oh I just had some business to take care of.” You blurt quickly and try to escape to your room, only to be stopped by jay coming around the corner and nearly plowing over you.

“Found her!” he shouts over his shoulder. Carnel rolls his eyes when he steps around jay.

“No, I think she found us.” Carnel says, instantly putting them into a semi-playful argument.

“Nah! We found her!” cam interjects randomly making both jay and carnel look at him for a second before they started bickering again.

“Idiots” ash mutters to Blake who nods in agreement as cam starts poking jay in the ribs while arguing that he had won. While carnel, jay, and cam started verbally abusing each other you edge towards the hallway, wondering if you could get away unnoticed. Unfortunately, you couldn’t.

“___” ash says frowning at you, “where ya running off to?” mentally cursing, you turn around.

“To bed, I’m really tired.” You offer as an excuse and try to leave again.

“____, stop this, now.” Blake says suddenly. His voice echoing through the now silent room. You turn around, trying to think of something to say.

“We need to know where you were ___. Otherwise we won’t be able to convince the king to keep you alive.” He says, his eyes full of disappointment.  Slightly confused and startled you stare at them.

“I-ah, what?” you frown at their hard looks and realize what they mean.

“Oh… ugh… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I had left, I had too much on my mind and I forgot.” You say, the guys keep staring at you so you add.

“I was at a friend’s, her name is Charlotte, and… well, I kind of went to her for advice.” You say, waiting for carnel to order the sword on you. the whole space was silent for a minute while everyone tenses, waiting for his answer.

“Good enough to me.” Carnel says suddenly, smiling at you. you raise your eyebrows slightly, both thankful and surprised that he let you get away with it so easily.

“Thank you my lord, if you’ll excuse me.” You say bowing and turning to leave.

“Hold on ____! I almost forgot, Jorden was looking for you around breakfast. He looked kind of sad, is everything okay with him?” jay says making you turn around.

“Why are you asking me?” you say, confused.

“Well, he’s spent more time around you than anyone else lately, so I thought I might ask.” Jay says shrugging. That surprised you a lot more than it should have so you replied.

“Well, thanks to Charlotte I think what I’m about to do will help him out.” You say turning around and walking down the corridor and turning a corner.

--------------

A/N

OMG!!!!!!! THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE THE RESULTS!!!!!!!!!! NEXT TIME I UPDATE IT WILL BE THE END OF THISSS!!!!!!!!! thank you for reading! i have more wwyff's on my page if you want to check them out! (thank MunsterChocKitty (on quotev.com) for idea's along the way) and thank all of my readers and if you commented thank you soooo much!!!!