Chapter 3

You had spent the rest of the day circleing back to your horse, who you collected as the sun set. You casually ride up the path the blonde guy and his posse had been taking before your attack, finding their track quickly. It seems two of them had gone after me and the rest stayed and took care of wounds. Your horse snorted as you stopped him near where the incident had happened. A little bit of blood stained the ground. They couldn't have gotten far, the sun had set an hour ago and no one would stay out after dark, too many thieves and assassins. So even if someone had picked them up they wouldn't be too far.

You rode along the trail quietly, looking for any signs of anyone had made a camp for the night. An hour later you were about to give up when you see a small flame flickering in the distance, it was hard to see though the trees but it was there. The horse snorts as you tie him to a tree far enough away from their camp.. You sneak towards the camp, thinking of what you had to do now. You really didn't want to kill every signal one of the guys that saw you but you didn't have much of a choice at this point. They had seen your face, and if you wished to stay alive they must die.  Though the dark trees the fire comes into view along with voices. A fire was surrounded by rocks to stop from spreading, next to it sat both the blonde I had been charged with killing and the slightly darker one that had protected him on the path. They were engaged in happy conversation as they ate from bowls of stew.

A cart stood a few meters away with a dark brown horse grazing the grass. A small tent was set up but otherwise there was no one else around. A guy steps from the carriage and says something to the guys that you couldn't hear, the new guys was about 30 with dark brown hair and looked so much older than the guys, the guys after all only looked about 20. You crouch behind a bush watching for the perfect moment to arise. You also kept look out for the other guys that had been with them, but you couldnt tell if they had returned after not finding you or if they had tried to continue.

It was a while before you caught sight of anyone else. The brunette named Jorden walked out of the trees on the other side of the clearing, two rabbits held in one hand. Jordan's stomach was wrapped up in bandages but despite his injury he was grinning and walking over to the fire with a brisk pace. His eyes kept sweepung along the tree line as he talked and there was a weird tension in his shoulder. Is he just nervious from the attack before? You question. Your gut tells you something wrong though, why would he be trying to hide his nervousness around his friends.

A twig snapped behind you and you turn around just in time to see someone swinging a branch at your head.

You jerked away but weren't fast enough and the branch hits you, pain radiating though your head. You scream and fall back, blood trickled from the side of your head. You recognjze the blackhaired guy you had faught with holding a branch as you crawl backwards. He just stood there watching you crawl away. That's when you saw his friend. Another guy, the one you hit in the chest with a knife, swinging a branch of his own at you. Darkness is all that follows.