Chapter seven

It was the next day, Max and Carl were cuddled up next to each other.

Lori and Rick walked into the room, the couple smiled at the two kids.

"Max, Carl it's time to wake up" the two kids stirred in their sleep, Carl was laying on his back, Max was on her back too, her arm was laying on her stomach.

Rick gently shook the twelve year old girl, Lori walked over to her son and did the same thing.

Max opened her eyes slightly, she covered her mouth before yawning.

Carl woke up rubbing his eyes, he yawned, the two kids were awake now.

"I'm hungry" Max mumbled tiredly, Carl nodded his head beside her.

"I'll go see what I can find" Rick stated, before he could leave the room Max ran over to him.

"Can I come?" she asked him, the man nodded his head.

-

Rick and Max entered the kitchen, Maggie and Hershel were standing by the kitchen counters talking.

"How did you sleep?" Maggie asked Bellamy.

"Good"

"How's the arm?" Hershel asked the girl.

"It still hurts" the old man nodded his head.

"I'll take a look after you and Carl eat breakfast" Hershel said before leaving the room.

"What's for breakfast?" Max asked Maggie, she leaned against Rick for support.

"Eggs and toast" that sounded yummy to Max, her stomach growled hungrily.

"Here" Maggie handed Rick one plate and Max the other "got it?" she asked the kid.

Max nodded her head, she could definitely hold a plate with one hand.

"Thank you" Rick and Max walked back into the room that Carl was staying in.

-

It was after breakfast now,the kids had both just finished their breakfast, Rick had taken both of the plates to the kitchen to wash them.

Hershel opened the door to the room that Carl was staying in, he had bandage wraps and some disinfected stuff.

Max sighed, she followed Hershel out of the room and into the living room.

The old man started to clean her arm, once he was done he wrapped the bandage around her arm.

"It's healing good, should be better in no time"Max thanked the man before leaving the room.

The girl went outside to find her father, she spotted his bike far from the house.

"Daryl?" she called out, his head turned towards her and he smiled slightly, he watched as his daughter made her way over to him.

"I want to help you find Sophia" she said sitting down beside him, her father immediately shook his head.

"No" Max had just lost her arm which meant that she definitely wasn't used to any weapons yet, so she couldn't defend herself.

"But that's my sister out there, adopted or not, I grew up with her please dad" Daryl once again shook his head, letting out a loud huff Bellamy stomped away.

Sure she's not allowed to go out but she will anyways and no one is going to stop her.

Also I do realize that I made Daryl wack his daughter on the head which I actually don't think he would do so sorry about that.