Chapter 5 ~Kat's POV

I had been sitting around for what could have been qualified as hours, or at least it felt like hours to me. Every so often I would look over at the clock noticing it had been another ten minutes that Cam was gone. It made me nervous that he’d gone with those two guys and Lily and still wasn’t back. Just when I was going to ask to go to the restroom to try and clear my head the door opened and in came a very irritated looking Cam. He didn’t bother explaining why he was late to the teacher as he sat next to me in a desk and slumped down almost like the weight of the world had been pressed into his shoulders and he didn’t bother looking at me.

“Where did you guys go?” I asked.

He didn’t answer me and just glared down at his desktop.

“Cam?” I uttered a bit nervous.

       “Nowhere,” he replied sternly.

“But-”

“Leave it alone,will you?” He growled making me flinch suddenly. That wasn't like him, to snap, so I knew to shut up and not push matters further. I just turned my head away from looking at him and tried to listen to Ms. Robertson. She was explaining equations right then; no matter how hard I tried to concentrate, I found myself glancing over at Cam or thinking about the problem. “What is going on with him? Why is he acting like this? What happened during that discussion with him, Lilly, and those two guys?”

       “We'll talk about this later.” I whispered over to my aggravated boyfriend. He just grunted and sunk deeper into his chair.

       After what seemed like forever, the bell sounded, signaling us to switch classes. I bolted from my desk, almost tripping and stumbling into Cam. He just shrugged and started walking on.

       “Cam, wait up!” I shouted, running after him.

       “What?” He asked, a little rude. I grabbed his arm and stopped him in front of me.

       “Baby, don't be like that. I only care about what happens to you.” I held his arms out in front him and cracked the smile that melts his heart. His face was stony at first, but then his violet eyes got softer, and his hard, thin-line of a mouth lifted at the corners slightly.

       “Ok,” he caved, his rough voice getting softer, “I'm sorry. It's just that...” he began to apologize but I stopped him.

       “No need to say anymore.” I said, then buried my head in his chest. I put my arms around his waist, and he put his around me, and we enveloped each other in a hug. I sighed into his shirt, and then pulled away. “Let me walk you to class. Then, once schools over, then meet me in the courtyard to hang out, ok?” He smiled at me, then winked. We slowly walked hand in hand down the hallways as people bustled past. It was pure bliss, until someone bumped into my shoulder harshly.

I look over to see Derek and Kenny rushing down the halls behind us. Why didn’t they say hi? I brush it off, they’re probably busy with something...

       We made it to his class, Meditation, and I let go of his hand. “I'll see you later.” I said, smiling. He kissed me goodbye, and I started to run to my next class to not be late.

       The next seven periods went by fast. I saw Jake, Lilly, and Terrance and explained about the courtyard. They all decided to come.

       Finally, the last bell of the day sounded and I rushed from the classroom to find Cam. He was walking down the hall when I found him.

       “Hey Cam!” I said, kind of excited.

       “Hey.” He replied with a smile so radiant, I thought my heart was starting to melt.

       “Come on, let's head down to the courtyard.” I urged. Cam stopped dead in his tracks.

       “Hey, can we stop by dorms? I need to check something. Do you mind”

       “No, I don't mind. I need to stop by my room anyway. I need to grab a some more cash anyway.” We smiled simultaneously at each other and proceeded out the main doors, to the dorms

       We made it to his room first. He walked took a key outbid his pocket and inserted it into the lock. It clicked open and he waltzed inside. I stayed out, afraid that he might get mad again. I heard his footsteps enter the room. Each was similar to the last. They paced inside of the room, back and forth and back and forth. I heard the sound of something-a drawer?- slide out by a rough force and be rummaged through. Apparently, Cam hadn’t found what he was looking for because the drawer was thrown fiercely against the wall; the smashed and sounded like it had been beaten to pieces. The next drawer was taken from the cabinet, then the next, and the next, till he finally sighed with relief. “I found it.” Cam whispered and then exited the room.

       “You find what you were looking for?” I asked, even though I knew he did. He nodded his head; out of the corner of my eye I saw him slip something small, shiny, circular, with two red dots on it, into his pocket. I didn't say a thing; if he didn't tell me, then it was for a good reason.

       I slipped my hand into his, and walked down the hall to the stairs leading down.

      My room is empty like usual, and I grab my wallet off my bed. Closing and locking the door behind us, we walk to the courtyard to practice.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

What started out as us practicing our talents ended up with us all rolling on the ground laughing. Cam isn’t laughing like the rest of us, or practicing either. He does give me a soft smile though, when I look over to him.

“It’s late,” Lily whines, looking up at the dark night sky. “And I have homework, we should go back to our dorms...” There’s a mumble of agreement from the rest of us. We help each other off the ground and go back inside. Checking my watch, I see it’s 9:13, an hour until bed.

“I’ll walk you and Lily back,” Cam offers, and wraps his arm around my shoulder.  I nod, walking down the halls to our dorm and pulling out the key. The silence around us is erie. It’s almost like the whole world is taking in a breath as the lock clicks open. I swing the door open for Lily and she walks in. Cam kisses me goodnight sweetly and I smile before turning back into my room.

“Can you help me with my-” I start but stop at the sight of Lily on the ground. I look up and see Derek’s body hanging limply from a rope. Blood is seeping down his shirt onto our floor. The screams get in my throught as  I stare at the scene.

Then I see the second rope hanging and my eye wander down to my bed.  Kenny’s head is sitting there perfectly, as if set up and waiting for me, in a pool of his own blood on my bed.

The screams build up and break free in a blood curdling screach.

NOTE: Dedicate to @Carrotlover24 for being my new partner and writing most of this chapter!