Chapter 2 ~ Cam's POV

Written by StillBreathing549.

Dedicated to our fabulous editor for all of the hard work she's done on this book!

Chapter 2~~

Cam’s POV~

I followed closely behind as Calla yanked Kat’s arm out of her socket pulling her up the stairs. Once at the top of the stairs Calla led us down a hallway and past a few doors until she stopped in front of one labeled “234 Calla Anderson and Katherine Taylar”. She produced a small key and shoved it into the hole in the doorknob, swinging the door wide open.

“Welcome to la casa de Lily!” she laughed way too cheerfully letting us see inside.

We all walked into the small room looking around. Bunk Beds, a closet, a window, a couch, and a television. Wow. My room is so much nicer than this! Well I guess that’s what they get for being freaks.

“So, I’ve been using the top bunk, but if you’d rather have the top I’ll move my stuff to the bottom...” Calla started babbling at Katherine excitedly. I just tuned her out and looked around the room.

“Um, it’s getting late, I have to get out of the girls dorm,” I muttered softly heading for the door.

“Where do you think you’re going mister?” Katherine whispered grabbing my shirt and pulling me back to face her.

She stood up on her tippy toes and kissed me softly on the lips. I gently kissed her back and then backed away slowly, resisting the urge to wipe her kiss off my lips while in front of her.

“Bye love, I’ll see you tomorrow,” I half-smile ruffling her hair playfully. Then I walk out of the room shutting the door behind me. “Gross,” I grimaced quietly wiping my lips and walking back out of the dorm.

I headed for the headmaster’s quarters quickly and quietly. Once I arrived at the small building that is in the back of the school I knocked quietly on the door.

“Enter,” I heard from inside. I gently open the door and walk inside just to be greeted by my Uncle’s living room. “Ah, Cameron! Welcome back! I trust you’ve made friends already?”

“Haha! With those freaks? Yeah right!” we laughed.

“What has brought you here tonight?” he asked.

“I wanted to know how long I’m going to have to keep up this facade until I go back out and find more freaks. You know I hate having to pretend to be one of them.”

“That I do. Actually, I’m afraid you’ll have to stay a bit longer than usual. Some of the older members seem to be noticing how you leave the school and then come back in later on.”

“Well crap! Are you saying I’ll have to take all of these useless classes for nothing!?” I yelled. I didn’t want to stay here! I hated those freaks.

“For now, yes,” He said seriously, “you can still have all of your usual perks, of course. But you will have to maintain the secrecy of our relations and you’re going to have to pretend-”

“Pretend to be one of the freaks. I know.” I sulked.

“You should head down to your room, you’re supposed to be in the dorm by ten.”

“Technically I’m not supposed to be in the girl’s dorm by ten. You’ve said nothing about them being in their dorms.”

“Go to bed Cameron.”

“Good Night Uncle Fredrick,” I muttered as I walked out. I headed back to my old dorm room.

Once I got to my room I locked the door and plopped down on my mattress. I pulled out my cell phone to see the I had a new text from Katherine. I opened it and read “Good Night Baby! ♥” I typed a quick “Good Night Love” back to her, trying not to gag as I did, and shut off my phone.

I put my phone on the charger and set it on my bedside table. I started to take out my red colored contacts that made my already blue eyes look really purple when I heard someone knock on the door. I sighed and went to answer the door.

“Yeah whaddaya want?” I demanded when I saw the two third formers outside my door. They ignored me and pushed past me into my room. “Um, excuse me? Get out of my bedroom!”

“Shut up!” One of the freaks snapped at me.

“I said to get out!” I yelled.

“And I said to shut up,” he continued. The other guy started going through my stuff. He opened drawers and looked under my mattress.

“What are you doing in here?” I asked them. “What are you looking for?!”

“Shut up or I’ll make you shut up!” The other freak threatened.

“Oh yeah? I’d like to see you try!”

“Oh would you now?” He threatened flexing his muscles.

I stood tall and proud, “go ahead!”

He charged at me and raised his fist to punch me. I grabbed his fist in my hand, but before I noticed it he hit me with his other fist so hard that I stumbled backward. I had just caught myself when he hit me again. This time I fell to the floor hitting my head on my bedside table as I fell.

I started to get back up when he put his foot on my chest, “stay down, or I’ll push you back down.”

I saw my opportunity and I took it. I grabbed his ankle and yanked it as hard as I could, sending him tumbling to the floor. He yelped in surprise as he fell. We stood up simultaneously and he charged me again, giving me no chance to react. He pinned me against the wall by my neck.

“What the heck do you want from me?!”

“What I really want right now is for you to shut up!” He tightened his grip around my neck.

I sighed, “you must have had a reason to charge into my room, now what was it?” I asked as politely as I could manage.

He punched me so hard that I blacked out. The last thing I remember was falling to the ground and hearing a loud crash somewhere else in the room.

A/N: @Stillbreathing549 Here! Sorry that this chapter was so short! I’ve had a bit of writer's block lately. I hope you liked it nonetheless. Vote and Comment!!!