•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝•

𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒩ℯ𝓍𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓎

"Thanks again," I said to Alyssa after we helped Javier in her car

"mhm." She replied flatly as she hopped in the drivers seat.

I knew she still wasn't happy about what I was doing-but she was helping me, which still meant a lot.

Javier sat in the back quietly, most likely able to sense the tension between us.

Thankfully the car ride didn't last too long, quickly and safely I helped Javier out the car along with Alyssa's help.

"Careful going up the stairs," I told him as Alyssa and I helped him up.

For a teenager he had muscle on him so he wasn't light at all.

"This'll be your room," I told him as we walked in.

"it was originally the guest room so that's why it looks so generic-once we get a chance we can personalize it for you." I spoke.

"Thank you," he nodded as he sat on the bed carefully-smiling big as he looked around.

I waved him off before speaking, "get settled in and the Bakers will be over later,"

He nodded as Alyssa and I left the room. Still, Alyssa has yet to say a word to me-I'd definitely be lying if I said it didn't bother me a little.

"Are you gonna ignore me the whole time ?" I asked with a sigh as we continued down the stairs.

"Actually yeah, that's exactly what I plan to do." She said matter-of-factly

"Can you just try to see it from my point of view, I can't just leave him out on his own-especially when I can do something about it." I started.

"You spent majority of the year trying to get me to care again-to be compassionate, isn't that exactly what I'm doing?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

She straight faced me before responding, "yes but I wanted you to be smart about it-you did all of this on impulse."

"Alyssa please-just trust me" I pleaded.

No, she had no reason to but right now that was all I could ask.

"I trust you josh-but if all of this goes left, I'm gonna be there to tell you 'I told you so'."

"Fair," I nodded.

"Love you," She said as she gave me a reluctant hug.