Fanfiction Review

This article was completed by the volunteer -tiredtoshii

This article was completed by the volunteer -tiredtoshii. Thank you so much for helping us complete this.

     Hi, -tiredtoshii here, bringing you your magazine fanfic review! This time, I'll be reviewing the story that most of you have probably heard of. That is the book A Single Blue Flame by popularauthor takutea

     In this Dabi x reader insert, (y/n) has a very interesting, dangerous quirk that has caused her to lose all friends and family over time, with the exception of one special person. Follow the stories of Dabi and yourself in this thrilling fic as you both overcome your past.

     For starters, let's go over the aspects of the cover made by geminisadistic. I personally reallylike the cover of this story. The editing alone is very smooth and looks like there was lots ofeffort put into it, making it all that more special. The contrast of the icy blue against the darkbackground just screams angst to me. The cover definitely represents the story, bringing youdark and mysterious, just like the story following it.

     Now this story happens to follow the "Dabi is a Todoroki theory" which a lot of the BNHA fandom seems to believe. I am also a firm believer of the 'Touya Todoroki' theory, so if you're into that, this story should definitely interest you. 

     In plenty of fanfics, the MC will most likely have an overpowered, amazing quirk or power but in this story, that wasn't the case. The MC/reader in A Single Blue Flame happens to have a quirk that was known to be dangerous, hard to handle and outright insignificant which ultimately began to ruin the MC's life. This was nice concept to have in a fic being as it is not too cliche and repetitive, giving a new kind of entertainment to the reader.

     Now onto grammar. There's really not much to say here besides takutea's grammar is veryup to par, especially coming from a non-English speaking background. There's the right use of punctuation, italics, quotations, and paragraph breaks. There's great description, giving the reader enough to imagine themselves in the scene, which I applaud.

     Last, but certainly not least, the creativity behind this book. Although the 'Dabi is a Todoroki' concept is very popular and is done a lot- along with the childhood friends theme- that does not make the story itself any less interesting. The different moods this story sets and feelings it gives the reader makes it stunning. The inexplicable, mysterious vibes it gives off really sucks you in and gives you all that more to enjoy. It gives the story of two lifelong friends turned villains, offering suspense and something to keep you on edge.

     To wrap it up, if you haven't read this story for yourself, go check it out along with otherstories on takutea's profile! Until next time, keep up the reads and don't forget to vote andcomment! It helps writers stay motivated to put out more content for you guys to enjoy!

     Thank you for reading the October edition of Fanfiction Review, by yours truly, -tiredtoshii