Discussion

Interested in discussing My Hero Academia? Apply now!

This section may contain spoilers. Please read with caution.

     Season four is officially out! Everyone has been waiting for a long time, so when it came out, the praise was tremendous. In fact, I even walked into my college class overhearing classmates talking about the first episode. The impact this anime has is truly incredible. I wasn't expecting anything like it if I'm honest. 

     So far, we have been able to see the natural lives of life inside the dorms, which I personally enjoyed very much. It's peaceful moments like these that one has to appreciate in order to get the whole feel for the anime. It reminds us that these characters are teenagers who still live out their childhood like any other when they can. It gives them a bit more humanity seeing how they have daily schedules and whatnot. 

     Another thing that I really loved about what the first episode depicted was the chemistry they have with each other. How living together is no issue for them, even when they are so unique and different. Each scene showed their personality, what they care about, what they dislike, and etc. It was just refreshing seeing my babies in a normal environment... and not suffering. 

     I guess you could say that it's really good to appreciate what that first episode showed because the trailer for this season didn't make it look too pretty...

     That aside! The photographer that was introduced in this episode? Love him. I love him for many aspects, and one of these would have to be from a character design perspective. We been knew that Horikoshi has been really good with the design of these characters. So it's needless to say that he has gotten a lot of props for what I'm about to list off already. Because I can go into the eyes, which we saw uniqueness from Mei Hatsume and Mina Ashido (even Neito Monoma) already, the hair, the build... We been knew, alright? But please give me this opportunity to go into his quirk.

     As the creator of the OCs that are presented in this magazine as it is, I want to say that creating quirks for BNHA is one of the best things I've done for any OC I've done for any fandom. As in, BNHA OCs are my favorite by far. Because they can be powerful, yet so limited. Not to mention just outright goofy in their own ways. And holy shit, let me just tell you that this reporter... His quirk literally caused the character designer in me to squeal. How simple yet effective his quirk can be, it's actually amazing. Not for hero work, I mean for the exact like of business that he's in. Can you imagine how great of a detective someone would make if they could take a picture or record anything at a given moment? It's subtle, too. If you're standing right in front of a criminal while being undercover, you can snap his picture with an eye-camera. No flash needed. And he's a printer. Do you know how much money that saves?

     I could go on and on about what I love about these characters, but that will have to be continued for another day. So now I ask: What did you think about the first episode? Be sure to comment your thoughts, because I'd love to hear them!