Chapter 34 - Really Obvious And Extremely Oblivious

We sat by the lake and talked for what felt like hours. We chatted about more serious things like when we first knew we were gay (for him it was when he had a little crush on a guy who used to bring him and Maya food when they still lived on the streets), but we also talked about simple thing like dream vacations. We were really just getting to know each other more, learning little things about each other. It excited me that this might be the beginning of my first honest to god relationship. Not to mention the kissing was really great too. Like, really, really great...

As we stood up to leave the lakeshore, Hunter tentatively reached out and brushed my fingers with his. He looked down at me and smiled shyly, so I brushed his fingers back gently. Then he took my hand in his, and lightning shot up my arm. I couldn't believe I was holding hands with a guy!

We walked out of the forest together, hand in hand. I was actually extremely disappointed when we reached the edge of the woods and he let go. I knew it was so that any passing students wouldn't see us holding hands...but I found myself wishing he had kept a hold of my hand anyway, because it felt cold and empty without it. He smiled sadly and I could tell he felt the same way. He did walk much closer to my side that usual though, which was just as nice in its' own way.

"I have to ask," he said as we approached the dorm, "Do you think we should tell Olivia and Az that we're sorta...I dunno, 'seeing' each other? God, I hate that term," he finished, rolling his eyes and causing me to giggle like the love drunk moron I was.

I thought genuinely about it for a second. "I th-think we sh-should," I said resolutely.

"Are you sure?" he asked, surprised.

"I a-am," I nodded. "I mean, I want to tell Zac; I can't keep something this huge from him. I know you feel the same w-way about Az and Olivia, and they're my friends too. We sh-shouldn't hide this from them. And...I think it would be good practise for me...you know...c-coming out."

"Only if you're sure. Please don't do it just because you think I want to tell them because I'm totally okay with waiting."

"No, you were r-right with what you said earlier. I should do this for me, and I trust Olivia and Az, they're my friends, they deserve to know. A-And...I'm just tired, Hunter. I'm tired of f-feeling lost and scared all the time, and this thing between us just feel so right, and I'm so h-happy right now. I'm sick of hiding. I just...want to be happy."

Hunter stared at me with an awed expression. "You're so brave," Hunter breathed, "You really are. And I seriously want to kiss you right now."

"M-Me t-too," I admitted, "N-Not kiss me though, kiss you, that would be w-weird," I stuttered, laughing awkwardly; it was gonna take some time for me to get use to flirting. But Hunter just laughed, and it was like music to my ears.

He looked around to make sure no one was about, and then quickly leaned in a pressed his lips to mine. It lasted only a second, but it still made us both grins like idiots when he pulled back.

 It lasted only a second, but it still made us both grins like idiots when he pulled back