Chapter 1) It all started with a heartbreak

Published on 25/10/19
Edited on:- 2/1/24
...

Happy Dhanteras
and
Subha Diwali to all of you.

....

In India, a seventeen-year-old girl was sitting by herself at the Kolkata railway station.

She held her suitcase close to her chest. She packed all of her expensive stuff and cash in her bag. Thunderstorm activity peaked as black clouds erupted into the sky.

She had been anticipating his arrival. Him, a married man of great maturity. He captured her heart. It is acceptable to fall in love, but falling in love with a married father of two children is almost suicidal. The heavens opened and the rain began to fall. The weather caused her to start shivering.

She got completely soaked by the rain. Her dress was drenched and seemed to be a second skin to her. At the station, every man was staring at her body with lust. She looked at her watch once more and saw the time. It was getting late, and she was beginning to worry about her safety.

She realized then that he had betrayed her. She had been waiting all morning for him. He told her that he was forced to marry his wife and having kids with his wife was his mistake. It also doesn't matter to him how different they were in age.

He told her how much he loved her and was ready to spend his life with her. He told her to come to the railway station in the morning. They will go away from there and make their own family and house. She was a fool to trust him and ready to betray her baba.

Baba was her father, her first teacher who trained her in everything. Who taught her about the world. Her family didn't know about her love.

For the sake of that man , she was ready to ditch her own father and mother. Her father was a well reputed person of Kolkata. Her mother was a classical music and dance teacher. They love her too much and they were willing to do anything for her happiness.

Her only trusted friend was Mompi Sarkar who knew about her obsession and her love for that evil man.

Mompi knew that he only wanted to sleep with her. Mompi finally made her understand to her that never crossed her limit with any man before marriage. Otherwise this society would never spare us and also she was an underage girl.

Porishma understood her friend's words very well and whenever he tried to touch her. She pushed him away. she wasn't that naive or innocent. She maintained her purity and dignity. 

But the problem was she wrote letters to her parents and disclosed everything in that letter. She was going away from them with him , the love of her life. He promised to marry her and make her, his queen.

She broke down in front of her house. How could she do something like that to her own lovely parents. Her parents were the most supporting parents in the entire world. They never tried for another child after her birth. Her father always stood for her and supported her. He was like a backbone to her.

Her mother opened the door and moved aside for her to come inside the house.

She was just standing in the passage of her house looking all down at the floor. Guilt was making her ashamed of herself.

Her father and mother were happy to see her again in good condition at home but they were broken by her betrayal so they decided to leave the matter because she was innocent and at this crucial age most of the kids lost their ways. They didn't say anything about her letter. 

Her mother, Laxmi Das, told her to change her clothes and take a warm bath otherwise she would get sick. She did and came back to the hall. Her mother placed the dinner in front of her and left her all alone.