Action.

Time seemed to slow as Grey watched the strands of the rope uncoil and snap one by one. He was vaguely aware of Diablo cackling away from his throne. Next thing he knew Haylee was no longer next to him but plunging down into the darkness after the child. He felt his heart hammering in he chest. The drop was littered with the huge crystals which where sharp as knives and probably harder that rock. He was about to create an ice eagle when a soft light began to emanate from the drop below, getting slowly brighter and enveloping the whole chasm in soft blue glow.

Diablo's laughing had stopped, and both he and Grey stared down over the ledges in confusion at the light. Which seemed to not be growing, but moving towards them. Eventually, the glowing white blue ball was directly between them. It began to change shape, retracting inwards into first a sort of egg shape, and then a more defined shape which seemed like an almost human silhouette. The light then faded, revealing Haylee in her purest holy dragon form, glowing with a pale white light.

She had a long white tail which, finished in a large tuft if hair identical to that on her head, which was around three times her length. Her arms where covered in the glass-like ice scales, that Grey had witnessed once before in the hospital, and her hand had become huge claws. The scales extents over her shoulders, cheeks, chest, and then down her sides of her torso and thighs until they got her her knees, her calves much like her arms where completely covered. A thin gold belt rested across her hips and from it draped a white silk cloth, weight down at the bottom with blue precious stones. Two large gold horns rose from her hair, forked at the ends, and her pupils had dilated to reptilian slits. Under her arm was the unconscious girl. Haylee extended the arm that held her, but instead of plummeting to her death, the girl floated, still enveloped in the glowing light, over to Grey. He pulled the girl out of the air and held her close to him, staring wide eyed at the new version of Haylee.

The end of her tailed flicked like that of a cat playing with a mouse before it went in for the kill. She extended her arms out sideways and a dozen knife sizes shards of lethal ice formed and fired towards the still shocked Diablo.

"You don't know who you're messing with." Haylee hissed in a voice that wasn't her own, it bounced of the walls and reverberated through Grey.

Diablo managed to pull his composure together the last minute and raised a think wall of fire that absorbed the shards.

"Grey, get down and take Nanii with you. Wait by the rock pile blocking the entrance, I won't be long." She ordered without looking at her. The timbre in her voice made it impossible for him to disobey even though his head was screaming at him to stay and fight. He created an ice bird for himself and hauled Nanii up with him, and they began the decent.

"Bit sure of yourself?" Diablo tried to mock, but there was a shakiness and uncertainty in his voice.

A menacing smile played on Haylee's lips before she sprang Ito action. She cut through the air and grabbed Diablo by the collar, rising and flying close to the walls of the cave. His shouts and profanities cut off by grunts of pain as she smashed the demon into the side of the huge crystals.

"LET ME GO!" he roared, struggling in her icy grasp.

"Okay." Haylee chimed, as they reached the middle of the cave with the furthest drop, she let go.

Diablo fell a few metres and started to laugh again, spreading his huge wings. But to his surprise, no matter how much he flapped them he continued to fall. The beating he had taken from the cave walls had torn huge holes in the leathery skin, the air rushed straight through, like a broken parachute.

Haylee stared down at him as he fell, watching that panic spread across this face as he realised he was done for. He let out a bloodcurdling scream, which was abruptly cut off by a strangled gargle as Diablo was impaled through the chest by one of the crystals.

Haylee flew down and hovered in front of him, he had reverted to his true human form, the demon self had simply been a facade. He gasped for breathe, his eyes not leaving her face. She decided she would give him one more parting gift before he left this world. She summoned the staff that he had lost his life for and snapped the long wooden handle in half in front of this face. He let out a gurgling cry and his head killed to the side, expression vacant.

Haylee sighed. She really wished people would stop being so stupid and then events like this wouldn't happen. She walked slowly towards the blocked-off entrance, where Grey and the rather horrified looking little girl were waiting.

Grey ran his eyes over Haylee. Her expression was fairly plain, maybe even a little annoyed. She'd just let someone fall to their death and didn't seem to show anything for it, not a hint of any emotion which would seem valid. It reminded Grey that in reality, this is who she truly was. The long flickering tail and scales, the mindset of a dragon. She was dangerous.

As if to back up this though, Haylee walked up to the fallen rubble blocking the entrance and placed her palm on it. Frost slowly spread outwards from her hand, coating the stones and boulders in tiny crystals. When the whole wall was shimmering Haylee took a step back, shouted 'Ice Dragons Frozen Kick!' And laughed herself at the mountain of stones. They exploded into a million glittering flakes on contact, which glistened as they floated to the ground and caught rays of light that entered the cave.

Grey and Nanii came and stood beside her, looking out of the entrance. The blizzard outside the cave had stopped, the snow was crisp and fresh, inviting someone to make an imprint on its surface, and the sun shone, which, although it had no effect on the bone chilling temperature, made the whole scene look beautiful. It was as if the drastic struggle inside had never happened.

"Come on Nanii, lets get you home." Said Haylee, her reptilian features slowly fading into white light before vanishing, looking down and smiling at the girl.