Secret Dragon Technique - Ice Dragon Tempest

A splash jolted Natsu awake. He was suspended in a sphere of water, around him he could see the distorted faces of the other guild members.

With a "pop!" the sphere lost its shape and splattered, dropping a dripping Natsu onto the ground.

"owwww..." he groaned groggily, "what happened..?" he asked, running a hand through his wet hair and rubbing the water from his face.

"We should be asking you that," said Grey, crouching down next to him. "You and Haylee disappeared through the clouds, then just a few minutes later you fell, completely unconscious. Juvia managed to make that sphere to catch you-"

"THAT BITCH. SHE TRIED TO KILL ME!" Natsu errupted, trying to jump up, and falling with a groan flat on his face, losing consciousness again.

"She tried to kill him?!" Lucy gasped, horrified.

"That can't be right..." Grey looked up. The previously sunny sky was now hidden from them by an ominous collection of grey clouds, Haylee was nowhere in sight.

Master Makarov pushed his way through the crowd and knelt down by Natsu, tracing the white X on his back.

"Hmmmm... Whatever this scar is, it's freezing, and his magical energy has been drained... His body is forcing him to sleep to stop him from dying completely. We need to get him to the hospital-" there was a flash of white light accompanied by an almighty "CRACK" from the menacingly dark clouds, making the members look up. "-Grey, try to find Haylee...." he gave him a serious look, Grey nodded in response and preformed the seals.

"Ice make Eagle!" he called, jumping up onto the back of the bird while the others lifted the dead-weight that was Natsu.

Another crash came from above. The wind suddenly picked up, whipping at the members hair and clothes, hurrying them to get inside. Then there was another flash, this time followed by a deep, rumbling sound, almost like a growl.

"Was that... A dragon?" murmured kana quietly, watching as Grey and the eagle took off, heading straight into the dark clouds.

'This weather... Surely she can't be causing it?' Grey thought, eyes scanning the clouds. There was another roar, swift followed by a down-pouring of hail. Grey spurred to bird to find the noise.

They entered one particularly large, black cloud, at the centre, expecting to fly straight through, but it was hollow, and it was there he found Haylee.

Her armour was gone, her body almost completely covered in the tiny blue ice scales. Her eyes glowed white, the pupils invisible, and her expression was blank, she didn't even seem to notice Grey. Two huge horns pointed out from her hair, and a large white tail flowed beneath her, ending in a tuft of long, deep blue hair.

Haylee was surrounded by a small wall of wind, like a mini-tornado, which carried chunks and shard of ice, spinning around her rapidly.

It took Grey a moment to realise the pieces seemed to by swirling around her in a formation. He focused, connecting the patterns. He could make out something long.... Almost coiling around her...

Before he could fully recognise the nature if the ice shards, they came together with another flash of brilliant white light. A large dragon made completely of ice writhed around her, it's eyes glowing like hers. It slowed to a stop, it's long body wrapped loosely around Haylee and it's upper body standing up straight like a cobra.

At that moment Grey realised what had happened. The battle with Natsu, worrying about their close-matched power, had brought out the cold-blooded reptilian killer in Haylee. Dropping him from that height had not satisfied her, she didn't believe it'd finish him off, so she'd created a special summon, some form of high-level Dragon Slayer Summon that was clearly too powerful for her to control. Now the summon was complete, and the monster was taking over.