Chapter 4

The day had finally arrived for my ultrasound appointment. I was excited to see the baby for the first time, but I was also nervous. Very, very nervous. I honestly thought I was going to puke, and I had a feeling it wasn't because of the morning sickness.

The appointment was at ten in the morning, and it was currently seven. Ross was still sleeping, but I couldn't sleep anymore. I just laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling. I slowly brought my hand up to my stomach and lightly rubbed it.

"I hope you'll like me as a mommy." I whispered. This was the first time I was actually speaking to my unborn child, and it brought a smile to my face.

I eventually climbed out of bed and got ready for the day, not caring that it was early. I quickly took a shower and changed into a comfortable outfit, which consisted of black yoga pants and a T-shirt. Deciding to leave my hair down in its natural waves, I left my room and made my way towards Ross'. He was sleeping on his stomach, and he was shirtless.

How was my best friend so muscular when all he ate was crap? Not to mention that he never worked out. It didn't make any sense.

Smirking, I jumped on his back, causing him to groan.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, his words slightly muffled.

"Waking you up." I answered nonchalantly. "What are you doing?"

He flipped over so he was laying on his back, and I was straddling his waist. I couldn't help but blush at this contact. But why did I blush?

"Well, I was sleeping until some crazy girl decided to jump me." He raised an eyebrow. "And you seriously shouldn't be jumping around, Sky."

I rolled my eyes, dropping down on the bed next to him. "I'm pregnant, Ross. Not broken."

"I just want you and the baby to be safe." He splayed his hand across my stomach.

"We will be." I told him, placing my hand on top of his. "Trust me."

~*~

When it was time to go to the OB/GYN, my heart started racing. I was never a fan of the doctor's, so I was pretty nervous. Ross just held my hand the entire way there, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.

We arrived at the doctor's office about ten minutes before my appointment, and I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork before we could move any further. Once that was done, we were taken back into an exam room. I was given a hospital gown to change into, so once I was changed into that, I hopped onto the examination table, while Ross was seated on the chair beside me.

"I'm so nervous." I said quietly. My hands were shaking, so he grabbed them both and held them tightly in his hands.

"Relax, Sky." He said softly. "Everything will be okay."

The door to the room opened, and in walked in a doctor. It was a woman, and she looked to be in her late thirties. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and her smile was wide and bright.

"Skylar Evans?" She asked.

I nodded. "That's me." My voice was shaky, and she noticed.

"Nervous?" She asked, slightly amused. I nodded. "Don't worry, Sweetie. You have nothing to be nervous about." I nodded again. "I'm Dr. Wirth." She shook my hand, then turned to Ross. "And you are?"

"I'm Ross Lynch." They shook hands.

"And are you the father?" She asked, her tone nothing but friendly.

Ross scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, no. I'm her best friend."

"The father isn't in the picture." I informed her. "And I'm glad." I muttered under my breath, only loud enough for me to hear.